xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kapua11

What Music Does To You... How does music make you feel and escape?

I know every person has their own ways of expressing themselves through music or from music. For me, I love to listen to the different types according to the moods that I am in.

When I want to escape where I am at, relax, and envision myself sitting in a forest or sitting in a large field of flowers I generally turn to = Classical & New Age (Yoyo Ma as a player, Bach, Vivaldi, Carol Commune).

On Fridays on my way home from work, I know that the work week is over and excited about the weekend I pump = Techno, Trance, D&B, etc. (Mars & mystre is one of my faves)

When my husband is away for more than two days or so, I obviously will listen to some of our love songs = R&B, Pop (Savage Garden, Silk, Boyz2men, sade, etc).

And there are so many other times in my life that I will listen to other different things like kids songs because I have a 10 month old son and a 2 year old nephew. But I think that most of the time, I enjoy listening to CLASSICAL and NEW AGE because it calms me down and allows me to think and let my mind wonder to a place that is like a dream. Hard to explain, but sometimes I will listen to a nice piano piece that will make me cry because I am seeing myself in a different situation.

SO.....how does music make you feel and where does it take you?

Well rocki and punk music gets me hyped up and into the mood of going skateboarding. So just before I go out I would listen to some rock and punk songs which will increase my determination to skate as best as I can. -_-

I'm a big Red Hot Chili Pepper fan :D.But if I'm in a bad mood I go for more agressive music (Nirvana, Apartment 26, Kid Rock, ed) If I want to relax I go for Joe Satriani ed,Further I listen to the more comen stuff like U2, Queen, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Coldplay. I also like to look for new stuff (for me new) De La Sole, Razorlight, the Killers and so on and the RHCP.I alwaise listen to music and I can go on like this -_- (if you have some great tips you think I sould listen to let me know :D , I have a lot of music but not enough)

It compleltely depends on how i feel. . . If its a sunny day i might go out driving listening to some Less than jake, BECK, Queens of the stone age or general "sunny day" music.if its rainy, i mite listen to Marlyn manson, Meshugga, slipknot, killswitch engage or sutmhin.Altho prodigy is allllllllllll ways good for dirivng -_-I lsiten to music to reflect my current mood. If i'm angry i will lsiten to sumthin hardcore, if i'm ina good mood i'll listen to happy and mellow stuff.i have a huge varitey of music i like,i was lsitening to rammstein a sec ago, (german industrial), but now i'm lsitening to Less Than jake (Ska punk)

Aaah music...*sits down and beckons all to join her in the circle around the bonfires*Since I am *only* 21, this may sound odd LOL.. I mainly listen to music from the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. My prefered groups are Fleetwood Mac, Europe, Whitesnake, oh and so many more that I just can't list here. Depending on my mood I switch music, for example, I also love HIM, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Inkubus Sukkubus, My DYing Bride, Cr?xshadows.. For mellow, relaxing moments Loreena McKennit plays through my speakers, or Zen Garden... It all depends..I only hate a few types of music, rap, polka, and a few more LOL I can easily listen to classical, opera, instrumental. It just really depends on my mood. If I jump to the depressed side, I am most likely to be listening to Cr?xshadows and My Dying Bride, even though I can listen to that music while feeling ok LOL BUt when I am down, it's all I listen to.

Well it will be quite awkward to say but i m electronica lover.myself being an trance artist .i feel great listening to backstreet boys,5ive,blue.also kylie,madona,vaneesa mae.also sometimes i listen to enigma and some ambient stuff i get into that mood.i usually love club stuff and trust me there is nothing like club stuff.it is awesome genre in music.though hip hop is good to hear but it is sometime quite harsh to ears.anyaway i made all my views clear in this reply hussh..

I like a variety of music as well-including pop and rock music from the 80's. Every month or so, I'll listen to a certain artist - depending on my mood.For mellowing out, I think Jack Johnson's music does nicely (outside of classical music).Other times I listen to Depeche Mode, Blur, Pet Shop Boys and Garbage for music that'll make me active. As for my fav bands from Canada - Crash Test Dummies, The Tea Party and Barenaked Ladies are among the top of my list.As for Japanese pop/rock, I listen to a lot of Mr. Children, globe and Hikaru Utada these days - in addition to music from Orange Range and Ken Hirai.

Rap, Hip-hop afterschool. Also I like to listen to Rock on the way to hockey practise. It pumps me up to play. I don't really think it's the genres that define my mood but the song. Such as "One Step Closer", "Breathe", and "Meant To Live" before hockey while imagining some good break aways and stuff. "Take Me Out", "Mr. Brightside", and other softer songs on a normal day.

The way music affects me is if the song or music seems interesting in rythem. I like types of music where it catches my attention. The drums in the backround of a song usually catches me because of beat, rythem. I don't know about anyone else but the drums to me seem to be the thing that catches the listeners attention which makes music interesting.

Has anyone heard of 2pac.Fu* the Police,ect.Thats what i listen too, Or songs like Akon.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

makes you relax, think to yourself... lets you escape from the pressures of life i beleive,Music has a big impact on society and people as individuals, different moods = different genres...my favourite genre is hip hop, Tupac Shakur, Tha Outlawz etc...

HiWell it depends on my mood. If I am tired or sad well only very melow stuff will do, if I am driving and some of my favorite rock tunes come up, I will have a tendency to open the window and speed a little without noticing it, king of the world for a couple of minutes kind of attitude. -_- Patrick

i love rock and country, i was born a redneck, but music to me, is a way of escaping the world, going into your own place, relaxing, and just to help you get through the day, there isnt anyone i know that hasnt seen me with headphones everywhere i go, even at theme parks, i also love working with stage and lighting companies because i get to be there with the music, and i get to actually control what you see, if there wasnt any music, our lives would be an empty void.

When I feel like I don't want to be bothered I put in an Eminem cd lol everyone gets the message to leave me the heck alone. I guess music to me shows what my mood is at that very moment. When I feel contemplative or indecisive I put on slow songs by Mariah Carey, Evanescence (My immortal), or En Vogue old songs. Music reflects who a person is and how they feel in my opinion.