xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trystim

Ddo what you think

Ok who all here is looking forward to Dungeons and Dragons online? I know for one I am and can't wait I applied for the alpha and beta signup and hope i get an invite to download and test. I look forward to playing a game where the development team is comprised of people who have played the original idea of what they are trying to advance.

Those of you who have not heard or seen about this let me be the first then to introduce you to. Dungeons & Dragons I have signed up at their forums as the name trystim and keeping a track on how things are progressing the screenshots look awesome and the developers if you read the bio's sound pretty intrigued and impressive themselves.

So hats off to them for bringing something alot of us probably grew up on to modern age of computers and lets hope they can bring out a great product for us.

lv cap -> 20 (gotta wait for epics ).. and sorry, no prestige classes yet.. they're working on it though.. just pray prestige classes make it to initial release and well, we often translate DnD 3.5 into the D20 system.. but a lot of changes were made for realtime combat..here are a few things:* no more dice rolls on saves.. you need to time your dodge/jump* same goes for attack, not dice roll dependent.. for ranged attack, a targeting reticule comes up* no memorization for spell casters -- use of spellpoints instead (like MP)--> t3h paladin, like in all MMOs, is gimped once again LOL and if you're used to a certain class, most likely it changed in DDO.. that's to balance out the characters.. we all know the original DnD classes are not balanced, so i'm not concerned much about this move aside from the fact it restricts certain classes/multiclasses you might have, AND future classes that might come with DDO's expansions.. the devs havent said anything definitive about alignment-restricted quests, etc..also, i was just kidding about the paladin being gimped.. it's true, they took away detect evil and mount capabilities on initial release.. but the paladin is still very powerful.. vs certain mobs of course..which leads me to my next point.. pally def is good, but don't forget the fact that we can outdamage any class in DnD when fighting evil mobs.. how?try computing for the damage on a 18 CHA pally(+4), doing smite evil, doing a crit with a x3 threat range for a great sword.. add in STR bonus, well.. you get the point