xisto Community
ladyspanky

Negative Calorie Foods its for everyone who wants to be slim and fit.

have you ever heard of negative calorie foods?

well, i just read about it at my mom's book, "negative calori foods".. okay.. i'll explain it to you..

well actually there isn't a single food on earth that has 0 calorie. but there are many foods, usually fruits and vegetables that could cause negative calories to whoever eats it. well.. for you to further understand.. there are foods containing less calories than it needs to digest them. for example.. there's this one calorie food that has a total of 100 calories. and i takes 150 to digest them.. so it means that by simply eating this negative calorie food, you're able to burn 50 calories! so, that means.. the more you eat the more calories you burn.

and of course, in order to stay fit, you should burn up all the calories that you ate and if you still have stored calories in your body as fat, you should burn them up also!!

so here are the lists of the negative calorie foods..

vegetables:

asparagusbeet
broccoli
green cabbage
carrot
cauliflower
celeriac
celery
chicory
chilipeppers
cucumber
dandelion
endive
graden cress
garlic
green beans
lettuce
onion
papaya
radishes
spinach
turnip
zucchini

fruits:

appleblueberry
cantaloupe
cranberry
grapefruit
honey dew melon
lemon
mango
lime
orange
peach
pineapple
rasberry
straberry
tangeries
watermelon

Very helpful! Thanks for the list. I'll post them in our fridge, my brother could use it! -_-

That is very interesting. I never even knew there were foods that took more calories to digest than where in them...and they're all fruit and vegetables...all natural foods, what a surprise! -_- I used to always think that everything about calories was a heap of junk because I always eat whatever I want and stay skinny...but I eat a lot of fruit and veg too. Maybe this the reason why I've been able to do this...Hmm that's given me something to think about. lolAgain, very interesting! Thanks for posting it. :D

I've never heard of "negative calorie" foods, but how you describe it, it makes so much sense! I did some more research on my own, and apparantly the difference between "negative calories" and "empty calories" has to do with the enzymes produced. The "empty" ones (like a box of Twinkies hehe) take more energy to break down because they don't have vitamins in them that negative calorie items have. They don't create their own enzymes, the body has to do it. The energy required to convert empty ones is greater than the energy produced. Negative calories inherently have their own enzymes which don't, I guess, "distract" your body from using energy in the right places (like to burn fat for example).

I'm facinated by this! I'm going to print off that list as well. Thanks for sharing! Here's one link to more information I found:
http://www.healthrecipes.com/negative_calorie_foods.htm

Are you really sure about this? first of all, we do not digest vegetable which is full of fibres and sugars that we human could not digest in a normal circumstances. We eat vegetables but we do not digest them, or only a small little portion.Secondly, I dont think that fruits are having negative calories. Just for the sake that fruits is only made up off fibers and the monosugar like glucose.. we do not even need to convert it to absorb. That's why we can always eat fruits and feel full easily .. just try an apple or banana -_-

lol very usefull topic..

Well basically all vegetables burn calories, and i think everyone knows that. Now there are some vegetables you posted that i never heard of.. maybe because english is not by first language -_-

asparagusceleriac
celery
chicory
cucumber
dandelion
endive
graden cress
garlic
radishes
zucchini

never heard about them.. are they some exotic food or something? they look like they've been writted in their cientific name.. lol

Wow! Negative calorie foods, I have never heard of this. I've heard of healthy foods that help you keep your weight down but thats it. But I'm not surprised that foods like carrots would have negative calories.

thanks for posting your feedbacks. actually i tried it since the past two weeks. and it seems to be pretty effective. and keep in mind that it not only helps you to lose weight but also helps to keep you healthy.

Notice from snlildude87:
Fixed your error -_-

I downloaded the e-book ``Negative Calories'' recently. I am going to try eating the food items mentioned in it as my experiments with the South Beach Diet and Atkins proved rather dangerous. No doubt, I lost some weight on these diets but I developed serious side-effects.I feel that the negative calory diet should be safe and effective.