xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunster13

Uploading A File

Yes, login to your cpanel and then under "site management tools" click "file manager" In your file manager click public_html and "upload a file"

Yeah that is how I do all of my uploading. I did not know that there was another way than using public_html. Wow I guess that you learn something new everyday.

FTP is faster because you can upload multiple files or even a folder all at once..On the other hand, using webbase uploading scripts like CPanel will require you to browse and enter the directory of every single file..

I just use Frontpage and just press publish site and its done within a minute or two. I was at that file manager place yesterday, but didn't go into the public_html folder (stupid me).Thanks anyways

Oh O I think I might of dome myself over. When I was uploading with Frontpage, and went "Publish Site" it hink it said :"Public_html exists on remote site but not local site, would you like to remove it?" and I pressed Yes to All.

Yeah, I think that might have deleted your Web Folder altogether, but it shouldve replaced the contents of the frontpage HTML file that you are working on. Im not to sure about that, because there are other files in there that are probably needed when you replaced everything

Just a question here, can you upload files through ftp if you dont have a ftp client and dont wish to have 1? I've tried but dont really work right... -_-