xisto Community
kvarnerexpress

Flash Movie Streatch 100% In Div

is there a way to place a flash movie in a div or some other container and make it so that it streatches over the whole screen?Right now the flash movie displays the size I exported it, not matter what I set the width and height to in the html code.PHP Code:<div id="flashDiv" align="center" style="width:100%; height:100%; z-index:1000000; position:absolute; left:0; top:0;" > <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; width="100%" height="100%" id="transitionIn" align="middle"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> <param name="movie" value="sections/flash.swf" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <embed src="sections/flash.swf" wmode="transparent" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="300" name="transitionIn" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/; /> </object> </div> __________________[The universe seems infinetly big to us, because we compare it to the physical aspect of ourselves. But we have to power to contain the universe within ourselves by means of understanding it.]

Hmm, what do you mean by "stretches over the whole screen"? Or you referring to the flash or the div?Also, can I see the CSS for #flashDiv?One last thing, please please please put all code in the code box, so you will not be getting unnecessary hosting credits.Thanks. -_-

When I want to stretch a SWF across the screen, I just link to the SWF file. It will stretch as far and as high as it can until it reaches a limit. If you want this to fit the entire screen exactly, with no margins on the side, this method will not always work, because the space at the top of a browser (toolbars, tabs, etc.) is unpredictable, even if you specially engineer it to fit.As I see it, this is the closest to a solution you're going to get.

Hey, I am trying to do a similar thing except I would like the swf to resize for the screen. However I would like the swf in the middle of my 3 column layout and if I resize the browser window smaller the swf would resize for that screen. I have tried many methods to no avail. Has anyone else done this?

You've got your flash embed height set to "100%"  I'm not sure if that will work.  Try a pixel number.

Yeah, that's right: if you want your flash movie to display at a size larger than what you created, you need to specify pixels otherwise 100% will just display it at its normal size.

I am looking at more 100% width but I'm either pushing my right column down or the swf won't contain in the div it pushes the boxand is 100% to the browser. If I just slap the swf in the middle column wih no box and at a pixel value for the height and width; when the page is resized it pushes my other column boxes around. The swf is being a bully :rolleyes:).

Hey, I am trying to do a similar thing except I would like the swf to resize for the screen. However I would like the swf  in the middle of my 3 column layout and if I resize the browser window smaller the swf would resize for that screen. I have tried many methods to no avail. Has anyone else done this?

I think you'll need javascript to accomplish something like that.

Anyone have a sample?  :rolleyes:

A quick search on Google for resize flash movie javascript turned up this article on Mustardlab which actually seems to suggest that the width & height of your Flash movie should be set to 100% but you use javascript to control the size of the containing <div>.