xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
universal

Msi Nx 6600gt Anyone know setting for CS Source

I was wondering if anyone else owned this graphic card. Is so i dont know what setting i should put to. Right now my CS Source runs really crappy. I set the rates and tuned down graphic details in the CS Source settings. Please help!

post a screenshot of settings..or something...did you put graphic details(or what ever it's called)....on low...if so..put it on medium,..or high...i can't see whirily the problem here...6600GT..is not such a bad card...it should run CS smoothly on high details...

i can tell you that you have something wrong i have a XFX6600GT and although it does have 1000mhz mem clock compared to your 900mhz mem speed i can run CS Source at 1024x768 in detail maxed out and 6xaa and 16xaf at over 100FPS no troubles. i mean i overclocked a friends mx440 so it ran source at medium detail at over 100fps and the 6600GT is a great card, mine benchmarks better than my friends X800Pro and it is generally faster. along with this there is also a heap of headroom, iv had mine at 580/1200 mhz (core/mem) (500/900 standard) and i have had no problems, although it needs a volt mod to get this performance. mine is an AGP model though not that that shouldnt make a difference.... im guesssing that you are still running onboard of your card is a dud

i can tell you that you have something wrong i have a XFX6600GT and although it does have 1000mhz mem clock compared to your 900mhz mem speed i can run CS Source at 1024x768 in detail maxed out and 6xaa and 16xaf at over 100FPS no troubles. i mean i overclocked a friends mx440 so it ran source at medium detail at over 100fps and the 6600GT is a great card, mine benchmarks better than my friends X800Pro and it is generally faster. along with this there is also a heap of headroom, iv had mine at 580/1200 mhz (core/mem) (500/900 standard) and i have had no problems, although it needs a volt mod to get this performance. mine is an AGP model though not that that shouldnt make a difference.... im guesssing that you are still running onboard of your card is a dud

137034[/snapback]

vauuuu....

580/1200 mhz.... great result

what was the AGP voltage...

and did you use stock cooler...or water cooling...or something...