xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

How Can You Tell If A Site Has Been Banned? (Google)

I have done some link-swapping with some of those automated "submit URL" programs that are supposed to put my link into a sorted directory, but these links never show up in the Google "link:" section. How can I find out if a site has been banned by Google?Suz

I believe that Google would automatically put the site into their directory accoringly. (Im not to sure that if Im right?) The GoogleBots should auto detect the type of site that you have.

I believe that Google would automatically put the site into their directory accoringly. (Im not to sure that if Im right?) The GoogleBots should auto detect the type of site that you have.

136299[/snapback]

My sites are all in there okay, but I don't want to waste my time submitting my URL to sites that Google has banned. I need to learn more about the way Google "thinks."

Suz

UPDATE

DUH! -_- I did a Google search on "google banned" and the first hit gave me what I needed--a tool that tells if a site has been banned. I don't know how it works, but I can link to it, so that will do for now. Here's the link if anyone else wants to try it.

Banned from Google?

I can't find a suspicious URL to test it on, but it does work on good sites.

Suz

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You can edit your own post now. Please use the edit feature to update and refrain from double posting. Use the forum signature feature instead of signing off with every post. We all can see who posted.

One way you can tell if a site has been banned is with the Google toolbar. If the PageRank is greyed out, the site has been banned.

the only way I knew one of my sites was banned was that it dropped off the search engines immediately after i made an seo mistake ( :) ). it was totally my fault though. I take it your site was never ranked well in the SE's in the first place? it'd be kinda hard to tell then.try google sitemaps?

If you take care of SEO requirements properly duing the development of your site, then there is no need to be worried about getting banned. Comeon guys, leave this topic trey to improve the SEO of your site and stop worrying about getting banned.

alot of people who think their site is banned, have found out months later that it wasn't. I think google's just slow at adding new websites. I'd be worried if your site just suddenly drops off of the results though...