xisto Community
Munchie

The Airbus A380 Frontpage News

The new largest passenger airbus took to the skies at about 9:30am GMT this morning from Toulouse airport in southern France.

This new airbus is expected to leave rivals boeing in the dust but there is talk of smaller planes been the favourite such as Boeings' long-range 787 Dreamliner.

Posted Image

Picture from The BBC

It has been stated that London Heathrow will house several A380's. So do you think the public will enjoy this 555 seater passenger jet? and who do you think will buy it?.

-_-

~ Munchie ~

wow .. the airbus a380 took off already ! hmm .. i always like to see some competition between companies .. we, the consumers can always benefit from this .. like price slash etc -_-But personally i like the shape of boeing 747 better .. the airbus a380 is just like toy plane from the picture. Round and fat :D

I was viewing that historical Airbus pictures from one of the portal sites in my country. What I like about this new Airbus is that inside is very spacious and the seats seem very comfortable. Shape doesn't really matter to me. What is most important in flight is that it must be comfortable for passengers which it seems to be having... I hope to fly on one soon..

Yeh it took off alright -_- It flew for 4 hours :D

Heres some pictures I found of the interior (Thanks to AviationBoom)

Posted Image

Funky Stairs :D

Posted Image

A bed?

Posted Image

The Bar

Posted Image

Some sort of internet cafe?

:D

~ Munchie ~

hey muchie next time quote your topics since its a new resource and not your own

munchie: sorry for destroying your illusions but the pics you posted show the high-end-features, which will probably be ordered by those who pay this kind of toy out of the pocket. The average airline will probably have the max-seats-version with up to 800 seats or only 550 seats but a bigger first class...anyway, I'm glad that this plane's first flight succeeded since two people I know work for one of the companies (EADS) which are part of the production chain (that's so great for them - their boss announced today that they won't have to sack people for the next couple of years since there are already orders for 154 of these giants and they hope to receive more orders =))

They ill make a bomb out of these planes if people take up to them, it would be a dream to on the first class of that plane.154? Im sure airbus are going to be celebrating for a long time -_-Just a fact here. Each A380 has 22 wheels, so if 154 are already ordered thats 3388 wheels that are going to need :D:D~ Munchie ~

-_-they're not celebrating yet, the first machine that will bring money into their pockets is something like number 250, but some guy from airbus I've seen on tv yesterday said they will probably receive more orders after the first flight and that only the big airlines which knew that they're going to have to have some of those planes ordered them already a couple of years ago and that, once there are enough airports where they can land with this plane, the demand is going to increase.by the way, I've got a question for you people: They showed a map on tv with all the airports where this plane can land now and within the next two years. One of those airports was a couple of miles into the indian ocean from the coast of Madagascar. Who wants to fly into the indian ocean?

Although I'd like to see the Boeing 747s still around in the future, I believe the Airbus will be the next generation for long-haul flights. The shape of the plane may take some getting used to, though.

Wow, well I for one am both shocked and amazed that the the thing actually took off, nah Im only messing but seriously it is hugh though, but it can only be a good thing cant it, I also think that this will leave the competition, namely Boeing a long way behind.