xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ffuniverse

Internet Dating What are your thoughts about Internet relationships?

Ok, i am just wondering about everyones opinions about internet dating. I have done this once and I am in a internet relationship now but how can u trust who you are talking to if you have never met them? I have also found out that she has been having cyber sex with other people. I dont do cyber sex. But she asks me and i say no cause i am inexperienced with the whole sex thing. Would this be counted as cheating in your minds? To me it is but i think its mostly my fault cause i dont cyber sex her. Getting back to the net relationships again, who does it here and how did it go?

Well I didn't have an internet realtion myself but my ex-gf hadwhile we were "involved"... Wich ruined the relationship we had... If it only would contain me and her it was no problem but she even didnt care anymore of our little son... So my experience on that is kinda sh*tty, but I've met some great people myself on the internet but to get "involved" with them? Hmmm I'll spend the night over it -_-My 2 cents, Peace

I've never had an Internet relationship before. I don't think I could either...not with someone I've never met before. I prefer the idea of real-lif relationship where actually get to spend time and do things with the other person. Plus, I've heard so many bad stories of people in Internet relationships where one of the people has lied about something and it all ended in a big mess. I know someone who was in an Internet relationship and the other person lied about EVERYTHING including their name and where they lived! So...yeah, I have trouble trusting people on the Internet now, so I couldn't do the Internet relationship thing. I have a lot of really cool Internet friends though. I like meeting new people on the Net...just not for the Internet dating thing.

Never done it myself, dont ever intend on doing it but I'm not really against it aslong as you are careful are confident you know what you are doing. and so what if you dont want to have cyber sex (which I think is a stupid and pointless idea by the way) with her anyway, thats your choice and if she has a problem with that then its her problam and in no way your fault, this is obviously just my opinion.

Its really hard to trust one over internet. But if yes she is speaking to you nicely and seems to be good atleast in chatting for net fun once can continue to enjoy that... I heard seen some getting tying the knot after a brief relationship over the internet. For me this isn't an issue because I won't have one over the internet... I've never done in the past as well. But for some it works so don't let down yourself. It could be that way as well. Some girls do not trust whom they see and rather trust whom they do not see. lol

I was in an internet relationship several years back. This fella and I emailed each other long letters that would take hours to write every day. it seemed we talked about everything, and after a year and a half we were "in love" and we made plans to meet. We would have a vacation, travelling up and down California and the west coast.It turned out to be a disaster. We just didn't... I don't know... click? in real life. I suppose it could have been worse, he could have been a psycho and killed me or something. When we met, I realized a few things that I think would be helpful to anyone in or thinking of being in this sort of relationship.- People are only going to try and show the best side of themselves online. It's easy to hide your annoying habits and odd personality traits. There are going to be a lot of gaps in the other person's life that you don't know, and you will generally fill them up with the most positive things you can think of. What I mean is- a lot of this "person" is going to be just in your own head.-You can't really tell if someone is joking or being serious, the tone of their voice, inflection... these things are important. This guy was much funnier in my head! He'd explain episodes of the love boat and make witty comments on them. I had no idea this was serious! It's very funny now, looking back. -This one is important. When a person complains about the names that their friends and co-workers call them, and how those people treat them- take note. These people really spend time with this person and they know what they are talking about.I've got lots more. I just don't want to bore you all. I hope I got the point across, at least, that the whole thing is usually not a very good idea.

Theres no point,People can just lie,Because a sexy 18 y girl could really be MICHEAL JACKSON!I know, thats sick. But the concept is true.Just meet people face 2 face and really get 2 know eachother.Dont end up like HoRuS...JOKE,LOL.Thanks.

Awww... Michael Jackson. Now, even if I wanted to have a date by Internet, I don?t think I?ll be able to get out that idea of my head. :D No, I don?t like internet relationships... true relationships are full of doubts and fears... I don?t need more mistery about it. It?s not that a girl could be a boy... it?s, I don?t know, if you meet someone in Internet and try to keep a relationship, how the hell can you be sure that she is not doing the same with more people. Well, that things happen in real life, but it?s even more complicated that way.Simply I don?t like it. Maybe just for fun but anyway... you don?t know when you are playing with the other one?s feelings. -_-

Theres no point,

People can just lie,

Because a sexy 18 y girl could really be MICHEAL JACKSON!

I know, thats sick. But the concept is true.

Just meet people face 2 face and really get 2 know eachother.

Dont end up like HoRuS...JOKE,LOL.

Thanks.

135160[/snapback]

Rofl... well I hope for her it isn't MJ, or maybe I do hope that :D

Once knew a guy as well, he had an gf trough internet, I think she was like 16 or something, untill he found out it was an FBI agent and rounded up in court LOL...

Intrnet is full of surprises... Buy it now for $40,- -_-

After being single for a couple years I found myself alone broken hearted at home on mat leave, the lack of social interraction can drive one bonkers, makes for easy prey...only one problem I was so hurt, afraid and bitter that no one could get through to me. This gave me the opportunity to take a good hard look at myself and figure out what I wanted in a relationship. I saw many friends get burned by people online, men and women alike.

Then I fell in love, so I thought, with a man who lived hours away in another city, we spoke day after day for 8 months. Hours, on the phone long distance,many calling cards later and the net. I thought I was in love. So we met up in his hometown. I stayed with my girlfriend who lived in the city, met briefly hung out at a mall, did lunch and soon he had to take off. Not even a kiss goodbye(my fault) I didnt want to spoil it. I should have know something was off but we planned to meet a second time....This time he didnt show. At least I had my dignity in tack, smart move on my part. By then I was so turned off by relationships.

It so happened that a gentleman, a widower in his early 40's was looking for love, we started talking on messenger casually. I was not into men but for the sake of my 3 boys I had to give the opposite sex a fair chance. I took my girlfriends advice and took his offer to meet at a local mall just to see if we had a friendship vibe. I thought to myself, this guy is not my type but hes cool. Our date went smashingly well and he asked me out to the movies the next day. He was respectful, funny, kind sweet..everything I was looking for. We've been dating ever since and have a 6 month old son. We get a kick out of telling people we found love online. It's just another avenue.

I think it's kinda stupid to find a bf/gf on the internet. It's better to get with someone who you already know and admire. It does't have to be someone with good looks basically. You can't trust people on the internet, especially because you don't know they're background life. Like I said, find someone you already know

Well, I never had a real relationship on the internet with all the mails and stuff, but I did dated someone from the internet! He lived in another city, but we had a relationship for 2 months so: IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!It's true, you get to know eachother first, from the inside, and not from the outside. Thats one thing thats good about it, the disadvantage of it: there isn't a first love flash like you have when you sit in the lunchroom and HE walks in. The eye contact has not been taken place, which I find very Important...So, no! No more relationships with boys I met from the Internet for ME... -_-

Here's another warning about hooking up with someone you find on the internet. If things go bad, they can go bad for a lot of people. I know of this couple who met on the internet, their relationship was very public. the guy shipped this girl over and they got married. It turns out, the guy was nuts, and the girl went back to her home country without an explanation. Since then, the guy has been hacking forums and pretty much stalking anyone on the internet that he thinks may have had any contact with this girl. He's even following my actions, I think because he thinks I know somebody who might have talked to her! You never know how crazy people really are sometimes.

Alrighty guys, it's time for one of my slick oh-so-inelligent replies to life situations. And hear me out. I'm not typing all this for nothing.When I was younger, I tried internet relationships. I "went out" with one girl, named Jessie, internetly known as foxfire. Anyways, we met on a Pokemon Yahoo group, (yes, that's right ladies and gents, Johnny was a dork, can you believe it?) Anyways, we met there, and we also hung out in this game called Graal (http://www.graalonline.com/) which is now totally lame. So we started chatting, doing the whole childish "I love you" "I love you too" "I love you more" game and basically all we did was talk about how cool Graal and Pokemon were, and how nice it was to do so with each other.Anyways, so a couple months go by, and eventually, she told me we had to "break up". So that happened, and we pretty much never talked again.Then my next 'net "girlfriend" was a girl named Scarlett. Oh dear Scarlett. (We're still friends btw) We met in Graal again, and Scarlett was a little different. She actually was my friend for a LONG time (4 years, maybe?) until we "got together" and basically, the ending remained the same, except that we recently got back in touch, and we've been chatting about how dumb we were, and we plan to go to an anime convention together this year, because I happened to move near where she lives.Next story, is my last girlfriend, who was actually my girlfriend in real life, we got together a couple years ago, just after I moved from New York to Houston. Everything was great (oh, btw, yes, real life relationships are SOOOO much better, and not just because of sex, kissing, whatever. I'll get to that later) anyways, everything was great until I had to move here. Then things got weird, and she basically told me she still wanted to be together long-distance until I came back (I'm planning to move back in a year or two), and so basically, it turned into a 'net relationship. We talked and such about when I'm visiting and all that good stuff for a month or two, until she broke it off, and said she thinks I'd be better off with someone close (which, I think, is a total lie, and she just didn't want to tell me that I was a total loser, which I was.) and so yeah, that ended.Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that internet relationships don't work, regardless of if you're going to or have met the person in real life. They simply don't work. It may -seem- like there's love, but there really isn't. You just want someone to talk to, someone to say they love you. A real relationship is totally different. You can literally feel one another's love, and express it in ways that actually show that feeling, even without kissing, hugging, or having sex. Just being with that person physically makes all the difference, and I'm not joking. I can just be out bowling or something with friends, and still be giving and recieving more love than I ever would on the 'net.And about cyber sex. Cyber sex is nothing. It's "ooh" "ahh". Nothing. Sex is nothing until you can actually feel the other person's love, which you can never get through the internet.That's my story(s), and I'm sticking to it. Take my advice. I've gone through this more times than just those three, and it always results the same. There is no real love through the 'net.(I better get some frickin sweet credits for this...)EDIT -- Oh, but there is an exception. If you KNOW, I mean KNOW, that the person is right, you might have a chance. But you still can't date solely on the 'net.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)