xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hurley

Trap17 Supply 1 Mysql Database To Freehosting?

Does Xisto supply mysQl to Free hosting packages? Because, I would really like one... -_- Also, are the ftp's fast? Because free hosting packages with ftp, took like 2 hours to upload PhpBB2.0.14...:D I have ADSL...

I cant seem to edit my post...Anyway, Where is all the MysQl information? Like if I want to use phpBB2.0.14, I need mySql Info, does that come with the info you got once you registered your hosting?

Log into the cpanel with the details you gave to activate your account then there should be a MySQL Database link under the category Site Management Tools.That should tell you some information.-_-~ Munchie ~P.S. I dont know why there isnt an edit buttom either :D

I cant seem to edit my post...Anyway, Where is all the MysQl information? Like if I want to use phpBB2.0.14, I need mySql Info, does that come with the info you got once you registered your hosting?

That one^^, And why cant I edit my posts?

This forum doesnt have the feature for some reason.When you find the MySQL Databases link which I mentioned above you must first create a database. (there should be a box to do that on the SQl Databases page).Say you called the database forum in your intance the database is now called hurleys_forum.If you het asked for the host it is name localhost.You must know create a SQL user to attach to your database. (there will also be a box on the SQL databases screen for that. Now lets say you called the database user admin in your instance the datbase user is now hurleys_admin.Now all you need to do is attach the user to the correct database. (this can be done using the drop down boxes on the main SQL screen.-_-~ Munchie ~

This forum doesnt have the feature for some reason.

134826[/snapback]

Wrong. This forum does have the edit button, but it's only visible to moderators and admins since other people were abusing the hosting credits system with the edit button. If you want to edit your post, simply report your post, explain your situation, and we will be glad to edit it for you. -_-

Hurley, it will not take you long at all to install phpBB because it comes with this forum. First, log into your cpanel at yourdomain.trap17.com/cpanel and find "phpBB" at the bottom. Then, follow the instructions to set up phpBB on your site! Simple. :D

Good luck and have fun with your hosting. :D