xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Links To Me

I am trying to figure out the best way to see what sites are linking to me. I have a counter on my page, and that helps. I also go into cpanel, look at my stats, and can see where they came from. Usually those are links to.But I would like to be able to do it on a search engine. Somebody previously said yahoo was good...but I wasnt able to see how to request it.So...what is the best way to see who links to me?Sunkist

Hmm, I'm not sure about this one, but you could try "link:yoursite.com" at Google search.

Go to google.com and type in link:yoursite.com where yoursite.com is the URL or domain of your site. I've tried it with mine, but got no results because my site is not as popular. However, if you try a big name site such as Xisto.com, then you will get quite a few results. :lol:

Finding out who links to you via search engines are not very efficient because if you think about it, a person could link to you and you will not eveven be aware because their site could be so small. You know what I mean?

Hi:Thanks. I tried that, and I only got one site showing up linking to me. I know there are more, because I have seen the sites and seen the results in my stats. So, I guess the best way is to look at my stat page and see where my traffic is coming from.Sunkist

when you type in a full site url, Google gives you a number of options, one of them is to see the sites that link to you, so type in you full URL in a google search box, then, you can check whi's linking to you. (Assuming that Google has crawled that site.)