xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
M.A.S.T.E.R.

Help With Hotmail I need some help with using hotmail

I am trying to get a file from a friend on MSN messanger, but somewhere I have a hidden firewall, so I can't get files that way. So, I asked my friend to try sending it through his hotmail account. But, according to Hotmail, it has a unhealable virus, but he has now scanned it with about 5 scanners. And all of them come up nothing, can I have some help?

why don't you use a different email address? Your "hidden" firewall is likely in your router. You could directly attach your internet connection to your computer while you transfer the file over MSN messenger. The easiest way is to use another email. Don't you have more than just hotmail?Gmail is the best right now. Or you can use your ISP email. If you need a gmail invite, just PM me. I have tons.

It once happened to me when i was trying to send an attachment through hotmail it said it had a virus, and i tried again, and then it uploaded successfully, if this doesnt work for you, why not send it trhough another type of messenger like AIM, or if your friend is hosted somewere, he can allways upload the file, or if you are hosted you can mek him a subdomain temporarily, there are many other ways to do it, there are some, hope it helps!

There probably is a port that you open up to allow transfers, I forget what one exactly, but just Google it, and it should tell you. I had the same problems, and since I opened it, everything seems to work well.