xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunster13

Best Hockey Game NHL 2005, 2K5, Gretzkys

My top pick would be NHL 2k5, it really goes in depth with features and EA forgot a lot of things this year. Heres my analysis on all 3 games ranked from favourite to least favourite:1. NHL 2k5 - Added a lot of new features. The scouting in the offseason is great even though I get bored of it all the time. The Drean Team option is cool as well and the party mode feature is great for multi-player use. The gameplay could be more realistic and NHL 2005 has much better graphics. The game really goes in depth and actually tells you how the minor teams are doing.2. NHL 2005 - No Create-A-Player, No Fantasy Draft and it doesn't even have a league leaders section in dynasty mode. :lol: The gameplay is terrific however and a lot more realistic then the other hockey games. The Free 4 All is awesome when you got 3 or 4 people but by yourself it's useless. Graphics are awesome. Players ratings seem to be quite off though but the rosters seem to be correct. 3. Gretzky's 2005 - Not too bad for it's first year in business. The game is actually hard to score in for a change. The features aren't bad for a first time game and the gameplay is mediocre. Graphics are the worst out of all 3 games. Im looking forward to future Gretzky games.Whats your opinions?

I know what you're probably thinking, I can't reply to my own post. But, the first post wasn't mine, it was a friend's. Even check the IP address. I read somewhere that you are allowed to have other people post with/for you? Anyways:NHL 2K5: I really liked the game, it was fun, the game play was accurate, and I loved the Skybox and the Skills competition which NHL 2005 doesn't have. The offseason can be really fun, but not when you're playing it with more than one person, because it can be a pain that you can't just sim through it. The scouting and stuff is cool, and I like how you have to scout a player to get their ratings.NHL 2005: You know what, I hated the game. Although I do not have that much experience with it even though I own the game. Why you may ask, well, I can't even play the game because my controller isn't "supported", and my player gets stuck in manual deke when he has the puck. The gameplay was pretty bad I think, as the hitting was crazy, and almost felt like Hitz Pro. Cool that you could get fired, but the system is rediculous. You have two years to complete the owner's goal, such as: get the number one overall draft pick. If you get the number two overall draft pick and win the Stanley Cup for those two years, see ya later, you're fired. And dynasty only goes for 10 years. No creat-a-player, fantasy draft, and player lock in dynasty mode really brought the game down. Well EASPORTS fired the producer, so maybe NHL 2006 will be better. But I certainly won't be spending a penny on it until I try it out.Gretzky's 2005- Well unfortunately I haven't got the chance to try it out.

This is somebody else again and, I'm not replying to my own post. And since we are all in a hockey sim league, we know our hockey games lol -_- ESPN 2K5- First off, ESPN 2K5 is a great game to play, although there could be some spots that can be approved. Cup celebrations are really good, I remember that first they show the players poor off the bench. Then it shows the Conn Smyth Winner, and then finally the Cup praide around the rink. Another great addition to the game is the new dumping moves along with one timer passing and the goalie deke outs. Personnally I like the goalie fake outs because, of how the stick is handled. The Skills Competition are great makes the season or franchise seem more interesting. Some spots that can be improved on are the rookie drafts. I mean come on, know really prospects like real life, how can that be interesting?Also the game skill is way off, I mean you have the easy mode and then u have abit of a challenge mode then your just getting into a real hard mode where you can't win at all. If the makers of ESPN 2K5 made a mode where a game can be interesting without it being to hard or to easy then, the gamers will enjoy the game more. Another problem is tradeing. Some teams are so easy to trade with and then others are just to hard to make an offer with. An example in my franchise is i can trade with the New York Islanders so easily, it's like a get anything free for me. A hard team I have trouble tradeing with is the Vancouver Canucks. I can never make the right deal with these guy's. The only way I can make a deal with Vancouver is by giving up my best player for a player that still needs to develop. I just don't get this at all? My final problem with this game is the free-agent signings. I have to pay low talented players so much money. In my franchise I was trying to sign Sergi Berzin and it took me all the way to 3.9 Million just to sign him for 2 years. Again, what's with that?This is a great game but there is spots in ESPN 2K5 that need improvement.Overall this is a great game to play.

i can trade with the New York Islanders so easily, it's like a get anything free for me. A hard team I have trouble tradeing with is the Vancouver Canucks. I can never make the right deal with these guy's.

Hey, it's realistic! Look at the Isles trades before. I remember some Luongo trade, among others. In reality you could pretty much get the 1st overall choice in any draft from the Islanders for Aki Berg. Let's all blame Mike Milbury. I can't even remember his name because I haven't seen hockey for soo long.

ESPN 2k5 : 4/5. This game can improve it's gameplay. Its been around for a while and has improved alot. I especially like this games dynasty mode. Also its a $20 game for the ps2, so thats not too bad. -_-

NHL 2005: 3/5. This game didn't improve, it actually got worse. I actually play NHL 2004 instead because it was soo bad. The ratings really piss me off, some players are overrated and other underrated. I liked the free-for-all mode, but I have nobody to play with. :D It was okay.

GRETZKY: 2/5. This would be a good game if it was 10 dollars, but at 20 dollars nobody's gonna buy it over ESPN. I played this at the hosipital, and it sucks. It only got a 2 because its hockey related and has Gretzky int he name.

ITs about time that Hockey games had more variety. Before it was just EA,. Hopefully we'll eventually get like the NFL games, with alot to choose from.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Removed the entire quote. When making a short commnet, refrain from placing the entire quote then followed by a short reply.

137001[/snapback]

OhmyBosh lol you were supposed to sign in with my account and not make a new one. Can this be credited to my account?

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

My Opinions: (new person)ESPN 2k5 4.5/5: This game has great gameplay, and you can do lots of stuff. The game is about 1/2 cheaper than NHL 2005, yet its still better. You can get this game for 20 dollars, while NHL 2005 is about 40 dollars or so (for PS2) For a better price, you can get a better game. I recommend this to you before you go off buying a hockey game. NHL 2005 3.5/5: The thing about EA Sports NHL games is that every year its the same thing. The same gameplay, maybe a slight twitch in the graphics, but whats the point of wasting 70 bucks on a game that just might be updated players and is newer. What i usually do is play the year before it, till bout midway through the NHL season, then i will buy it. So you can have time to finish your 20 years on dynasty, and you can experience the full gameplay of the year before.Wayne Gretzky NHL 2005 3/5: If it was for PS2, i would say 1/5, but for PSP, this game is very addicting. I have a PSP, and usually this game has so much u can do. From unlocking jerseys, to arenas... To getting historic players... Its pretty fun. It's like a NHL 65 mixed in with a NHL 2005.You see, i recommend ESPN 2k5, even though i personnally own NHL 2005. Yet the thing is that i bought NHL 2005 before i knew ESPN was better. I thought its so cheap so it must suck. But i thought wrong. So i advise you to buy the ESPN one.

Oh ya by the way, i believe that it is very stupid how the NHL games make created players for draft. like hellooo????why the heck cant we just draft crosby? or Brule? thats y i like EHM too.

What can i say about Nationl Hockey League: I like hockey to wach in TV! It is my favorite sport! That is the reasone why i play NHL! My firs NHL was NHL 95 ( I play it many hours a day) I like To get goals frome the middle of the fild! It wqas super! Then i play NhL 98 It have many of new functions! In nhl 99 nothing new! But in NHL 2k have cool 3d efects! ;-) In 2004 They start a dinasty mode(It was very good idea)+ open ice!! But NHL 2k5 it best game i ever play! Very cool 3D! I like it ! :unsure:

Ia gree Nhl 2k5 is the best NHL game. Espn seems to be taking over EA in everything except for Madden. And madden is so high because most of the players recognize it. If it comes down to me I would pick madden because it is probably so advanced and its graphics are superb. They always rate the players right except for the ones on the cover.I bet mcnabb this year might get ranked 100. Just like TO did in the NfL 2k5. NHL 2k5 has great graphics. I played it and got hooked immeditaley to the game. I finsihed my 80 game season in 1 month and I stopped playing regular in my second season and went online since then.Plus hockey ebing my favorite sport might be something in why I love it so much.