xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

My Final Homepage-rating Topic The BEST homepage Ive made, maybe..?

I've already set the CSS as the default for the homepage and the comments.. I seriously think that it's the best CSS that I've ever used and the best HTML that I've ever coded! Click Here to view my NEWEST homepage! I learned some new CSS techniques like 'display: block;' and 'position: absolute;' which is what enabled me to create the navbox on the left with the links and stuff. So, this will be my final design for a while (most likely) so tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance!

--Mike

Ain't that bad. But I personally don't really like those kind of sites, don't know why. Maybe it's because I like more high tech things? But anyways I know it's hard to make a site and to code it and all, but overall good job. I like the users online panel thingy on the left, and the menu is ok. But to me the site seems a little crowded no?

I've already set the CSS as the default for the homepage and the comments..  I seriously think that it's the best CSS that I've ever used and the best HTML that I've ever coded!  Click Here to view my NEWEST homepage!  I learned some new CSS techniques like 'display: block;' and 'position: absolute;' which is what enabled me to create the navbox on the left with the links and stuff.  So, this will be my final design for a while (most likely) so tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance!

--Mike

134222[/snapback]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great page but i need to now were to start ming i cant find it can you tell me :lol:

gah, i don't want to be a pain in the butt, seeing how you've done revision after revision on yout site,but here are still some problems (in my humble opinion)

- text size is too big, try using verdana 11px
- header should go across the entire page
- avoid using any table borders saet your table coding to -> border="0"
- The colours used are too dark and too strong

i recommend that you look at http://www.oswd.org/ designs and grab some ideas from them.

albeit this, you have created a better site than the last ones, and for that i congragulate you.

Hi Mike, I've reviwed your index1 and index2 sometime ago. I had rated the very first one as well. This is the third time I'm going to review your site and the first for the new improved website of yours. I could definitely see some improvement which is a very positive development for you and your site. I don't know what software you are using. If you are using Dreamweaver, namo or frontpage I don't think your site will look like this.. may be you are using plain - simple software so its hard for you to previow how it will come out finally.Horizontal scroll bar appears at 800x600pixels even though there's nothing special to stop if from resizing it.. I think you can improve this. As far as the blue background is concerned I think you can use them like msn, as side empty background but where you put the text and content - i think you should use white background only...Since you have many members for your site they definitely deserve better site design.. keep improving.. all the best!

Pretty nice man, heres some changes you may want to think about...but overall good job man!

1. Uploaded Forums - I.E subzer0.com/forums ? InvisionPowerBoard, PhpBB etc.

2. Maybe get images for your navigation?

3. Images for Words like "Navigation"

4. Bit of a better Banner, but current isnt to bad.

Final: Maybe upload a FREE template?

~ Hurley

Well, thank you all for your reviews! I would make the logo of my site 100% of the width that it is up there, but everybody on the 10 gazillion sites that I go to said that it was too big when I did that! -_- I appreciate you guys taking the time to leave Xisto (oh no!) to view my site, lol. I think this homepage is the best, and that my message boards are really nice, except nobody posts on my boards. They are all LURKERS! Don't you just hate lurkers?

Bah, your header does not have to span the whole page, just span the lenth of your content.As for your current logo. To me, it is very ugly. It is purple and doesn't even match the color of your website. Yes I know blue and purple are near the same but it just doesn't quite match! The spiral looks squished! ..which is most annoying. The border around the image stands out way too much also. And it has a space between the bottom of the image and the border which looks bad. Try using a different type of render, as I have noticed you love spirals, using them in most of your other layouts! -_- The colors of your layout just do not work for me. They all are a type of blue, yet it just doesn't seem to fit. As someone previously said, your content is way too crowded. Just looking at it I can't seem to make sense as to what goes with what. Use some spacing in between news.Your site seems really plain.. Though I am definately not saying to use lots of images! Keep it simple yet spice it up a little. The dotted lines on the menu headers look good.As for your comments page. It is a great mess. Clean it up at least. The menu does not float to the left at all. It is stuck up at the top?? I really do not think it looks great at all.Your forums are so freaking disorganized it upsets me. It is so chaotic that it makes me go WTF?? ...?? Use a more user friendly bulletin board like Invision or phpBB. As for your page in general. It is novice at best. Keep trying, you will advance. The worst for you is that you say it is final - - and that my friend, is a horrible thing to say.

it looks nice but something alike that could easylie be made with a geocities template lol anyway for custom its pretty nice but it looks a lil bit empty i hope you will update yuor site to a v 0.2 fast -_- anyway it looks pretty nice

Like it -_- A few tips:++ Try changing your border colour to a different colour other than white. ( style="border-color: #6666CC; border: 1pt" ) ++ Make your logo strectch accross the whole width - maybe room for a slogan on the right? ++ Change the background colour of your logo to a blue, the rest of your site is done in that colour, not purple!