xisto Community
mtonline

Macromedia Software

Why it is cool? Because Adobe now bought out Macromedia.Can you imagine a photo editing program, combined with a web desiginer, and maybe with a flash creation program all in one package?Macromedia is extremely popular with web design, and the sorts. It is commonly used with anyone who does Web Design. I currently use it, and I like it much better then FrontPage.

Hahaha, is it "cool"?Dreamweaver is pretty useful, when you do not feel like coding by hand. Though some of its features are annoying, such as it ending tags for me, prematurely. Although, come to think of it, I might be able to turn that feature off.Fireworks is a pretty full-featured image editor. It is comparable to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Imageready put together, though not as good at editing as Photoshop, in my humble opinion. Still, worth your time to check out if you have a copy lying around.Flash is a must-have. Enough said.Freehand seems to be somewhat comparable to Adobe Illustrator, but I never found a good use for it after farting around on it for a week.I've never used Macromedia Contribute. I don't know why I have it. Unless you work on a site with other people, I assume that it is pretty much useless to you.That's all the Macromedia software I have ever owned or operated. The MX suite is pretty sweet, but largely obsolete if you have the Adobe equivalents. Did you hear that Adobe bought Macromedia? I have a bad feeling about that...

Dreamweaver is cool because you can nearly do everything with it. Build pages in html,jsp,asp and php so it supports any host and they have brill training.10/10

Yeah I suppose Macromedia are ( or were as it is now ) cool although I do only have experience with Dreamweaver and Fireworks, both of which I find extremely good at the gobs they were designed for, and as for the Fireworks vs Photoshop debate it would be unfair of me to comment as I have not used Photoshop, but I do think that for me Fireworks is the best, plus it can use most Photoshop plugins, and intergration should only increase with Adobe's purchasing of the company. As for Dreamweaver It must be doing something right to be the current industry standard, in fact when we did web design at collage that is what we used, for the aforementioned reason. Any way in case you found that hard to follow (or saw a large body of text and decided to skip it, I think that the former Macromedia Products are cool). And I can just hope Adobe continue to carry on the great work started by Macromedia.

yeah i wold have to say macro software is top notch dreamweaver is pretty good i use it for minor stuff but still good as usual

As for Dreamweaver It must be doing something right to be the current industry standard, in fact when we did web design at collage that is what we used, for the aforementioned reason.

138128[/snapback]

I thought Notepad was the industry standard...

I thought Notepad was the industry standard...

138285[/snapback]

If ur being sarcrastic then that was a bad joke lol

If ur being serious then i know what he means he is talking about it as a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Sooo think be for you post :(

I use dreamweaver and fire works and find they are the best for what they do reason for this:

Fireworks

I think its easy and i have been using it for like years now and know everything about it now :( i also like making my own affects :(

I use this to make my websites in.

Dreamweaver

I use this to edit my websites once i have made them in fireworks thats all its really there for for me.

i use dreamweaver all the time for coding my websites. i like the program alot and haven't found anything that makes me want to give it up in exchange for.i like the WYSIWYG interface, and then when i want to see code it's only a click away.basically the only other macromedia app i use is freehand, but i've got version 10. i tried MX but for me it was along the lines of a lot of people's experiences with photoshop CS2....bloated and not working as well as the previous version.

Well, since Adobe bought out Macromedia, it wil be interesting what Adobe comes up with for web development. I use Macromedia products frequently for my web editing, and I cant be more than happier with them