xisto Community
sanweikui

Why There Are So Few People Here?

i use javascript alot on my site but i don't need help with it so u won't see me here unless i see something which someone needs help. then i will help them :rolleyes:

well .. i personally do like java A LOT as well... but i fear that as a technology for providing web pages it is not used really as often as PHP for example (reason? complexity?? don't know...). I really had a hard time finding a JSP/servlet webspace provider that does not charge you anything.but almost every webspace provider nowadays has PHP, python, C and all that stuff. but hardly anyone has java ....I do not like php and all that scripting philosophy of just quickly "hacking" something together that works... i have some python scripting experience and in my opinion it is good for (very) small things but if it gets just a little more complex you end up editing your scripts with VI on a server because there was some little syntactical error (which would have been caught by the compiler on your machinge if you were using a compiled language)do you know any other jsp/servlet webspace providers (that do not charge you anything...)?

Because More Website and More Free scripts About JSP

people Like to download JSP code and Use on web site

and Usually Dont Make JSP file

and dont programming JSP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm..I think that even if that is other script language like CGI and PHP, it is the same.

Anyway,Before you complain that There are few people here , let's make this category animate. :(

But I complain "Why There are so few free web hostings supporting JSP and servlet?" :(

Don't count server side Java out. It is way bigger than it appears......JSP and Servlets are a very common choice for serving dynamic web content. Just look at how often your browser calls a page with the JSP extension. Servlets (JSP is compiled into servlets) are faster than CGI in most situations, or so I have heard. Java web apps are very well supported by the likes of IBM and ORACLE and so are very popular at big corporate websites. A lot of smaller organizations' websites (often created by outsourcing/consulting firms) use them as well. As for personal sites, CGI languages have been more popular. Methinks this is because Java is not nearly as popular in the "hacker" community as Python, Perl and the like. Java is not fully "free" as in "free speech" - it does not come with a fully open source licence. People who build websites with dynamic content for personal use tend to support open-source, and so tend to favor the more open CGI languages. This is probably the main reason not as many personal websites and free servers use server side Java as use other options, even though JAVA is superior to CGI in many respects. ASP is a bit easier to use (or so I have heard, I havn't tried it) than Servlets or even JSP, and is compatible with Microsoft technologies. Companies whose inhouse expertise primarily in Microsoft tech (and that is a LOT of companies) like to use ASP to the exclusion of Java in most instances when they do their own websites. This is the main reason that Java has not taken over the corporate word. IN SHORT.... CGI still dominates the hacker/personal world. Java and ASP fight for the business market. ASP tends to have an edge in smaller and/or Microsoft centric shops. JSP/Servlets has an edge in larger shops and in places where alternatives to Microsoft are used - especially alternatives provided by large Microsoft competitors like IBM and Oracle. But this is just a gross generalization. There are many, many exceptions.

Becasue Many of java web site are workingpeople like to find java code and copy paste on web siteJSP is not hard LanIts Easybut Its Open soruce and people copying and pasting on thier web siteSorry but My english is not very good

Becasue Many of java web site are working

people like to find java code and copy paste on web site

JSP is not hard Lan

Its Easy

but Its Open soruce and people copying and pasting on thier web site

Sorry but My english is not very good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B'Coz JAVA is for Dynamic programmer who don't know the limits, they are allways try to break the limits, and as all you know java won't come in package like spoon feeding structure , but it is a fully flexible, robust, highly configurable form.

Be a Dynamic Developer with JAVA

Yeah Java is not popular yet. But i like to learn it, i am learing object oriented programming with java in my college. Java is far more simple and efficient than the complicated C. But the teaching assistant is very limited since it is actually the new programming technology.