xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truman69

Php What Were How? can you help

wanted to no if anyone is up 4 helping me i want a PHP sie like this site here but not that colour and english muisc :P:) i no it is something to do which phpnuke but i dont no were to start if some could let me no what i need 2 make a site like this. or were to make a site like this. or if anyone is up for seting me a php site up and send me the files soo i can edit it in frontpage that would be great (if ya can edit in frontpage :lol: ) hope someone can help ill give u Reputation if you help me thank you chris

OK, it is quite simple to install PHP nuke. There are two ways to get to the auto-installation of PHP NUKE in your CPanel:

-Thru Fantastico feature

-or thru Addon Scripts feature

Fantastico link is currently having some kind of propblems to get accessed, so try with addon scripts. There you will find PHP NUKE, go & install it!!, as simple as it seems. It will require at least 17 MB of your diskspace, so make sure you have enough space. If you want some different colors and a totally different appareance of your content site, you should try get some extra templates or manually modify some of them (read first the Terms and Conditions for it).

You also must want to change the main banner of the site, I mean, you don't want your site saying on the top: "PHP NUKE" or the name of the template, definitely, NO. OK, this is quite simple too:

Look at this tip:

Manually look for the source of that image (right click of the mouse and "view image"). once you find it look at its properties, go and edit the image you want to be there. NOTE: it MUST be the same dimensions (pixels size). Then You use your FTP client to replace the image: MUST be named the same as the one you'll replace and the same EXTENSION, e.g. JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, etc....

And finally edit with the main content manager the CONTENT of your site.

I hope tyhis is useful for you.

p.s. I made a site with Mambo, which is quite similar to PHP NUKE, but more simple. The only problem I had was that I had to change the whole language templates to Spanish. hehehe, but anyway, i had fun doiung it :lol:

Look at my website: http://www.sonorama.net/

CHEERS!!

hey thanks thats great ill try in abit now how do i ge the login stuff and that do i need a datebase or something?

Well, the access URL to your CPanel must be something like this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Anyway, if I'm wrong, you should look at the mail Xisto sent to you with the directions for your site.

And if you mean the access of your content in your new PHP NUKE Installation, they should automatically redirect you to your control panel. So make sure you bookmark all those important URLs in case u forget them.

Finally: YES, you NEED a database, but I will let you know something: The Database is automatically created during the PHP-NUKE Installation process, so believe me, it is just a piece of cake. you let your CPanel work and you'll see.

Cheers again!!!

p.s. if you liked my replies, please give me reputation :lol:

THANKS

hey i went to cpanel then to addon install php-nuke it asked me for a url were to install so i made and the it just says

Is this an upgrade?We are installing in /home/truman69/public_html/PHPNUKE... Complete! You can access your new PHP Nuke installation at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
You should setup a superuser right away.

so wot now?????? plaese help lol thank you for bein a big help

hey i went to cpanel then to addon install php-nuke it asked me for a url were to install so i made and the it just says

so wot now?????? plaese help lol thank you for bein a big help

134127[/snapback]

What did you just do????

It seems not to be working.... Did you uninstall PHP NUKE?

Well, Maybe you try with looking for managing of users in your PHPNUKE Panel....

Or maybe you would like to wait untill I get back from Lunch...

I'm pretty hungry now. see ya later...