xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
emperor

What's Your Favourite Quote/es? Said what is it and itll say who are you.

I ask simply what's your favourite quote/es. It can be of everyone but it's will better if it has been said by:

- politics/kings/popes/presidents/generals

- writers/philisophers

- scientists

So please don't write quotes of your grandmather (if it isn't Marie Curie :lol: ) or drawn by a film (a book is OK).

My favourite is the same that you can find in my signature but I like very much also these:

-"Dieu est mon droit" ("God is my right")

-"Dividi et impera" (about, "Split and rule")

-"Laissez faire, laissez passer"

The post isn't ended here but think about your favourite quote before to read the next section.

|

|

|

|

|

Ok

The person that have said this quote is the kind the person that you would like to be. Have you chosen a pope or a king or a presidents, you would like to be a person with many powers. Have you chosen a writer? You would like to be a writer or simply an artist (it can be a web designer, too).

The message of the quote explain your temperament, your ideals or the goal of your life.

If this is wrong, please don't kill me, I've read this on scientific magazines.

I'm not quite sure either I'd like to be like those people who said something I like or at least that I'd find any similarity between those ones and I.

Anyway, my fav quotes are:

-Hasta la Victoria Siempre! (Always To The Victory!)

Che Guevara

-To Be or not To Be, That is the question...

W. Shakespeare

-Someday I will treat you good, you know I should...

Sparklehorse

I hope that at least one day somebody remembers me for the things (the good ones) I've said :lol:

I love this one. Some background information would be that Theoren Fluery is a small hockey player but was really good, and Scott Sevens was a tough defensemen. Now for the quotes, Scott Stevens - "Theoren Fluery is soo small, all he does he jump and fall all across the ice and get penaltys called against me. He's like a little girl, heck my 2 year old daughter weights more then him." Theoren Fluery - "I can't believe what kind of a daddy he is, I just can't believe it. I have no clue what on Earth he would call he little girl overweight. I mean I weigh almost 180lbs and if his daughter weights more then he seriously needs to watch what she eats."

I like to hit someone then say "your fault" and thats not hit them as beat the crap out of them lol.Also I now say "Hello Dave" out laud for some reason. What a strange life I have.-_-~ Munchie ~

I love almost all of Yogi Berra's quotes, I think they're reall funny. Here are a few: "You can observe a lot just by watching." "He must have made that before he died." -- Referring to a Steve McQueen movie. "Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?" "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."Those are just a few really funny and good ones, if you want to hear more just ask me.

True power lies within your heart and can't be conquered, for there this power is life and life is never ending.

Dunno who wrote this but I like it

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Bob Marley

I made my peace with the Lord and now I stand on his rights

Immortal Technique

You'll never get what you want, you merely get what you need

Unknown writer

Okay, I'll add mine.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Douglas Adams (from The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hourbefore I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja.

Monty Python (the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch)

There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito.

Monty Python (from a TV sketch about two Australian hunters who hunt for insects using...bombs, machine guns, bazooka guns, etc.)

Mine is a quote from Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), who was a French physicist.

Yes, does the name Pascal ring a bell, anyone? Heh heh.

He was also a mathematician. You might have heard of Pascal's triangle, the method by which you can manually calculate binomial coefficients. I used to be fascinated by that stuff. Haha.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a nerd, okay! I can be pretty bimbotic if I want to. -_- And sometimes, even when I don't want to. :D

Okay here's the quote:

"Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne conna?t point." (English translation: The heart has its reasons, whereof reason knows naught.)

Taken from Pens?es, or Thoughts.

Just in case anyone's interested, you can read it here.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Douglas Adams (from The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

A that was one of mine! I am a huge fan of the late Douglas Adams Work.

All my quotes are, infact quotesa from Douglas Adams. He was a funny inspirational writer, and the only person I have seen to even come close to matching his comedy writing skills is Terry Pratchett.

Humans are not proud of their ancestors, and rarely invite them round to dinner.

Douglas Adams

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

There are two things in particular that it [the computer industry] failed to foresee: one was the coming of the Internet; the other was the fact that the century would end.

Douglas Adams

Well, those are my top four quotes, I had a fifth but It was already mentioned.

Hi Every 1 !!!

GREAT TOPIC !!! I love quotes! Sometimes I just sit at my PC, and look up for Quotes on the Internet. I Also are planned to put some on my site if I ever get one.....Some quotes I Really Like are:

ABOUT LIFE:

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Robert Frost

http://szafa.pl/?reg_layer=1&utm_source=butikpl&utm_medium=przekierowanie&utm_campaign=butik

ABOUT HEALTH:

Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell YOU what you are!  :D

ABOUT SUCCES:

Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it... Success is shy - it won't come out while you're watching.

Tennessee Williams

ABOUT LOVE:

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.

Javan

ABOUT ANGER:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Buddha

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -_-