xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Megaman

The New Shadow The Hedgehog Game For Gamecube whats with it

i really don't like it. The people who made the first sonic ffor dreamcast knew what they were doing. What the heck is Shadow The Hedgehog. Gamers theses days don't knoiw what to create. :lol:

Well I haven't played the game yet but I know the game is also on Playstation 2 and Xbox for those of you that are interested in knowing that. :lol:

shadow????

sonic is the orginal.. tails is ok... knuckles came and ruined it and now shadow... damn, please...

talk about ruining a legend of a game

Posted Image

Posted Image

great, he has even bigger shoes than sonic had

April 13, 2005 - Like many of our readers, I figured that Shadow the Hedgehog was going to be SEGA's answer to Sony's popular Ratchet and Clank series. That it would be a combination of shooting and exploration with maybe a couple of multiplayer elements thrown in for good measure. Perhaps there'd even be a mini-game or racing segment or two. Despite how cool those possibilities may sound to some of you, though, I was a little concerned that the game might stray away from what has always made the Sonic franchise so successful in the first place -- a strong platform-based level design and an incredible sense of speed. But that's why I was so interested in attending the special demo of an early build of Shadow to begin with: to see if my fears were justified or if I was just being paranoid.

Luckily it seems that my concerns were a little premature, because Shadow the Hedgehog is actually a pretty faithful sequel to the Sonic Adventure series. Its style and setup are all very similar to that franchise to be sure, and yet it still has enough tweaks and alterations to make it an altogether different game.

Obviously, the primary difference for Shadow is that players now have access to a variety of different weapons. There are 30 in all, and in the build I saw, they consisted of Halo 2-inspired laser swords, straightforward machineguns, and bizarre alien plasma blasters. Each weapon had a very distinct use too, with an obvious strategy for using certain weapons against specific enemies. Interestingly enough, gun selections are made one at a time instead of with a menu system, which means that when coupled with a limited ammo setup, the selection of your weapon makes for a very tactical decision. SEGA officials did concede, however, that this interface is still under development and we could definitely see some changes somewhere down the road.

But even when Shadow didn't have a weapon at his disposal, he could still defend himself with his fists and jumping attacks from previous games. Additionally, the dark hedgehog could also lift certain kinds of objects to gain special items and weapons, while several of the environments were destructible and could be used for both offensive and defensive purposes (players can hide behind a boulder or throw it an enemy, for example). Of course, just how interactive these areas ultimately turn out to be is something I can't really elaborate on until I play it, but based on what I've seen far it has the potential to be rather extensive.

As for the enemies themselves, they were a bit limited in the version I saw and didn't really appear to have working AI yet. Even so, the idea behind them is actually pretty cool and once they're up and running could pose a number of interesting gameplay twists. You see, each bad guy will have an allegiance to two different sides of an ongoing war that Shadow is involved in, and whether or not you help or hurt one side more than the other dictates what happens for the rest of the game. It's in this way that Shadow the Hedgehog is a bit like a "choose your own adventure"-style actioner, but your decisions just won't affect the branching storyline -- they'll affect what kind of moves Shadow can do as well. But we'll have more on that aspect once we've played it.

One thing I'd like to mention is that the demo definitely kept its speed. Littered with plenty of loops, corkscrews, and combinations in-between, Shadow the Hedgehog is still very much a Sonic experience and it's about on par with Sonic Heroes in terms of quickness. In the few levels I saw, however, it did appear to be a little less reliant on the platforming elements compared to some of the older titles. Then again, it was still rather packed in terms of the number of areas that required some slick jumping finesse.

Unfortunately, our demonstration didn't highlight any of the vehicle riding segments or show too much of the 'Chaos Control' and 'Chaos Blast' techniques mentioned in the initial releases. With E3 just over a month away, however, we'll be back with more info regarding these and other aspects (and more importantly, hands-on impressions) of the game rather soon. But while you wait for the show, don't forget to click our media page below for a brand new trailer. See you again real soon

dont think ill be getting this game in a hurry