xisto Community
dodgerblue

New Virus Kills Music Files Nopir.B worm wipes out all mp3 and com files

http://english.chosun.com/

Not only does it not differentiate between legal and illegal mp3 files, it also doesn't let you reboot your computer.

So far, it's been circulating only in Europe, but those in the US and Asia had better take caution as well. It's only a matter of time...

Time to update the security systems. How about you lot, when was the last time you updated yours? We updated ours :blinks: and :thinks: yesterday!

huh,another disgust virus come out?really bad to wipe mp3 file and useful command files.we should update our anti-virus to the latest to prevent it.how does it work?spread on internet too?if like that download is dangerous.hope to kill the virus completely before it circulate all over the world.

Good thing I don't think much of updating my anti-virus programs. It updates itself when updates are available. However, I don't usually scan. it alerts me if I downloaded a trojan/virus, so I feel safe. Imagine how many people use their P2P Programs!?*gasp* This is terrible.

Notice from NilsC:
Edited per user request
Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

Good thing I don't have very much music on my computer! That sounds pretty bad. I'm getting sick of worrying about viruses, and updating my anti-virus software. I just don't get some people....Still, I may live in the US, but it'll probably be here before you know it...

...Some people are really borred so they're trying to writte *BLEEP* things like this....Update your AV bases and you'll be sure. And I must say that this virii is spreading mostly by P2P networks (Kazaa,DC++, eMule...)

In the country a new version of this virus appeared. We have a very low quality kind of music (gypsy music) --- and when i say very low... i mean very very very, etc. low... you'd shoot yourself after just 10 min of listening. So the virus detects this kind of mp3 and deletes them... personally i'd give a reward to the one that created it!

Not only does it not differentiate between legal and illegal mp3 files, it also doesn't let you reboot your computer.

134007[/snapback]

So does it only destroy illegal music files or eradicates the whole collection of music?

I had recently re-installed my Operating System and took a backup of all my music on a CD. So I'd be prepared to lose the music incase the virus finds its way to my system! Although, I might be on the safe side primarilly because I don't use any P2P software.

So does it only destroy illegal music files or eradicates the whole collection of music?

Yes, it destroys any file that ends in .mp3, effectively, your entire collection. Sucks, init?

I suspect some music artist hired somone to create it or it is distributed by the riaa.

Haha. If it was distributed by the RIAA, that'd be like shooting themselves in the foot, wouldn't it? I mean, to have the worm destroy the legal files too?

I ripped all my CDs into iTunes to put into my iPod, so they're all legal, so it's kinda nonsensical/ridiculous to wipe my collection out, since I did nothing wrong.

http://english.chosun.com/

So far, it's been circulating only in Europe, but those in the US and Asia had better take caution as well. It's only a matter of time...

134007[/snapback]

hmmm never heard about it... but how do i get it?? i live in Holland and it is really close to France:(. what can i do to protect it. i have service pack 2 and zonealarm..

need more??

Well, it's designed to look like a DVD cracking hack thing so unless you were interested in those, you're safe I guess. -_-I use AVG and Ad-aware.