xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
diamond_php

Favorite Website Game Langauge? Flash, Java, php/phtml/dhtml/javascript/XHTML

What langauge do you prefer to program games played on a website in?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose php/phtml/dhtml/javascript/XHTML because I don't know flash, and am not very good with Java, also many people don't have the Java software, but almsot all browsers support php/phtml/dhtml/javascript/XHTML, so there is my reason, what is yours?I think the two most picked will be Java and Flash, Flash will win though, I know it will...How/ where can I learn Flash? I want to... :lol:

I chose php/... because I'm just starting to learn PHP and it's really neato! I just started today, and I started to learn because I'm going to make my first online game once I have enough PHP learned to do so. :lol:

i vote PHP too... there's just so many possibilities you can do with PHP :lol:You can still add cool contents like flash withouth using tremendous bandwith. :)

I chose Flash.This is because although Flash can eat bandwidth very quickly, it can allow you to create exactly what you want. Whether your idea or vision be of an intro movie, a helpful program, or a cool game, Flash can do it. Realtime graphics with a relatively easily scalable environment (in terms of processing speed) is a major plus, whereas Java can only do so much without giving the required amount of flexibility to the author.Granted that Java is a little bit more accepted in terms of availability, Flash is still superior when it comes to web games or multimedia in general.Using Javascript and PHP et cetera to make games and multimedia is a bit archaic and daunting a task. Not only does it turn off a lot of shallow-minded internet users, it also was not designed to make sophisticated multimedia presentations like Flash.Though I should note that Flash isn't free, which is why I will predict more votes will go to Java or the other option.