xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tom169

E-bay Do you trust ebay

Do you trust ebay?because more than 1/2 of ebayers are people who send your items late,send you wrong items or dont send them you at allplease list the name of people who are rubish on ebay so we dont shop with them

I have never had a problem with ebay, and it is, although easy to get hoaxed, very rare, and it is very easy to see it coming, especially if they are selling something, without using the full name or are comparing it to another brand...I wouldn't get worried, there is nothing to be afraid of on ebay...the place is just a good online auction house!

Do you know that paypal belongs to ebay. Just try searching for paypal scams then see the amount of info you get on ebay and what happens behing the scenes. I am not saying that they are bad you should know about it.

Well at the same time most of the people on Ebay are pretty safe. If they don't send it to you then you contact Ebay and then you contact the police.

Hi:I have done both some buying and some selling on ebay. I have only had a few minor problems. I think one way to protect yourself is to look at the feedback. If you see an item you are interested in, before you bid on it, look at the sellers feedback. If you notice that he or she has lots and lots of positive feedback from a lot of different users, it can be used as a positive indication. While a great positive feedback score is not guarantee that the transaction will go smoothly, it can give you a little more confidence in that regard.The problems I have had on ebay are minor. I had one bidder win an item and then not pay for it.I bought a pretty anklet and it broke the day I got it. I contacted the seller and he replaced it. I have never had a problem with PayPal.However, I am carefull on big transactions by looking at feedback.

HiThey were talking about Ebay having the biggest amount of scams of all on the 8Pm news about a week ago.They were saying that it was used for big fraud items like paintings and very expensive collector's items.I buy and sell often on Ebay but not as much as I used to since it has become too expensive on Ebay.Quite often I want a book, a fishing pole or a toy, so I compare Ebay with my local stores and I save a lot of money with the local store most of the time.But I sell good on it.Patrick

I have gotten some good purchases on ebay. I got a custom made wooden item. The locals stores don't sell this type of item. And I contacted the person who was making it, and requested some changes. He was able to do it. It is a one of a kind item.I also bought some wholesale lots of new, sealed cosmetics on ebay. The price on these were really good. But, in this instance, cosmetics never go on sale as the cosmetic companies have a monopoloy and illegally price-fix (they were sued for this in a recent class action lawsuit). So in this case, shopping around in stores wouldn't have done any good, as they all price fix. (No, the wholesale lot was not for resale, it was for my own use)I bought a collection of handbags, bags, and wallets. These were somewhat unique; although I suppose if I shopped around, I could have found them in the stores. But not cheaper than what I ended up paying.I have looked at buying gift cards on ebay. The price is usually so close to the face value, it isnt worht it. Why buy a $100 gc for $98? For $2 I would be risking a scam, item getting lost in the mail, etc. This does not seem like a prudent purchase from ebay to me.I buy CD's and videos from Ebay. As for videos and CD's...it saves me a trip to the store.I had a friend buy a diamond bracelet for thousands of dollars on ebay. She is happy with it...but I always wonder about the stones. And what if that was a scam?Sunkist

So far all of my purchases on ebay have been been pretty smooth. This afternoon, I won bid to a new Olympus D580 digital camera, the seller is Olympus itself, I hope they will ship it fast and undamaged. When you buy on ebay always have your fingers crossed, since you dont really know who's handling your item or whether its a scam or not. The delay in shipping might be caused by slow credit card check or slow shipping and handling. ALWAYS!!! read the sellers/buyers feebacks.

I forgot mention that, it is best to pay through Ebay or Paypal, since they will provide you with after auction security. For example, incase the auction is a scam, Paypal will widthdraw the money from the seller's account if the seller reports fraud, but seller need to provide (mail) some informations/Proof/document to get the money back from Paypal. It is a hassle procedure, but at least you will get 100% of your money back.I'm assuming eBay have a similar approach when encountered fraud, but I'm not sure how they work with credit card purchases.If you are asked to pay through some abnormal ways, make sure you find out exactly what you are dealing with before placing a bid. I remember there was some scams similar to this.

ebay is very good idea but after those scummers came out, lot of people scared to use the ebay system.. i was nearly one time get scum but luckly i noticed!most scummers hack the username over ebayer account and they used that username to scum other... if you deal small amount, they reply and the transition is okay. but if you looking for those high price rated stuffs, beware of scummers.. they mostly sticked around on those high price stuffs. these are some signutures,- if you bid it, they reply you back very quick/fast- in the deal, most of the situation are less save from your side- they said, the items are @ delivery service and ready to send you or bla, bla...- ask you to transfer money first- dun believe reputation point also, that's 90% not gurantee - check what the seller has been dealed for the type of trade- some only just deal small amount and get the points/reputation/seller ratingalso read thru at ebay forum/support how people get scummed and how they do or the experiences..unless, the seller and buyer are same source of country and met on ebay, i recommand to make deal..i hate scum