xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Background Not Big Enough

Hi:

Ok, first off....moderaters, please move this topic to the appropriate category. I really couldn't find a spot to put this in...so I just picked one.

Here is the page I have a question about:
http://www.histology-world.com/contents/contents.htm

The problem? Scroll down and you can see.

My background image is not long enough. I have gone into my photo editor and readjusted it, just made the canvas size larger. But then I am starting to get concerned about file size.

I want the lights at the top. When the background image repeats itself, the lights are inserted in the middle of the page. I do not want this. I only want the stars in the middle of the page. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks!

Notice from whyme:
moved to the HTML category

Edited by whyme (see edit history)

Not sure if this would work or not, but I noticed the lights seem to stop around the same place as your navigation links.Maybe you could put in a big table with just one cell that stops after the navigation links. Make the background image for the table just the lights and then make the background image for the whole page just the stars.Again not sure if this would work...I haven't really done much with background images like that before but just thought I'd make a suggestion...

this is for sure what I would do. in your css or body tag, place the following:

style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: URL('bk.jpg'); background-color: black;"

now, what this is going to do: is display the background once, then display black. you won't see your pretty strars any more, but atleast it won't repeat :(

style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: URL('bk.jpg'); background-color: black;"

A neater way to do this (shorthand CSS) would be:

<STYLE type=text/css><!--body {font-family: "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", "sans-serif";font-size: 9pt;background: #000 url(bk.jpg) top left no-repeat; }--></STYLE>

You could apply it to the body tag as I've done, or you could create a class or ID tag and apply it to the main table.