xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphie

Flying Cars

this article is from april 17 but i just saw it today.
Flying cars
it talks about people building flying machines that people will be able to use. i think it would be really cool to have your own flying machine that you could take anywhere you want. NASA has a 'highway in the sky' program in which they are researching this technology. also this technology might be out sooner than many people think:

"Somewhere between 10 and 15 years, you're going to see numbers of these vehicles out there being used," says Moller

You need to realize that they need to invent, and test this without using gas because it would take so much gas to run a flying car and you cant use gas to fly a car so forget that lolBut seriously, once they research it, it will be in testing, then it will be for private use for 4 years, then the military use, more testing, and then when it's out for the public... you wont be able to come close to affording it for 10 years!So forget it, not in this life time bud.

people's developing is so fast.plan have been created by ppl. flycar's products is how long time we wait for.in some films,flycar is alrady in the screen.so the realy flycar ll be appear soon!

Ok nice that there flying but just think of the cost to run the thing you will run out of money just going to work and back think the car will be ok for me at present day

Ah, i've seen articles out promissing flying cars to the huddled masses "in 10-15 years" since the 80's. The problem is, as others here have stated, it has to be affordable.

Even though the possibility of flying cars seems not too far away, who's going to afford it? I wonder if it might be cheaper to get a pilot's licence than to buy the Skycar.

:lol: intesting and crazy flying car...maybe we'd better to buy a good plane to intead any fly object, for all it is safe to people to share it with leaving joyful time by it.

would be pretty weird, duno if id like it to be honest with you... how they gonna organise the traffic and everything??? it would be too damn weird, and it would cost alot... and the danger risk i think would be alot greater

Ah, i've seen articles out promissing flying cars to the huddled masses "in 10-15 years" since the 80's. The problem is, as others here have stated, it has to be affordable.

133147[/snapback]

Exactly. They said that people in the year 2000 will be living on the moon. This is 5 years later, and I'm sitting here in this big blue ball.

Anyways, I think the idea of a flying car would be very cool, but you have to consider the facts of reality. What would it take to make the car? Time and money. Like you said, flying cars are very close, but what will it cost if those cars come out? Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Maybe millions. When telephones first came out, only the wealth were able to afford them, and they were considered a luxury, so I think if flying cars ever come out, only the richest of the rich will be using those.

And what about the safety of them? One day, when you're walking down the street, and you look up into the sky, and you see a big car flying, wouldn't you be afraid that it may crash? What if you were in that car? Wouldn't you be afraid that it might crash?

I'm asking a lot of questions because the whole idea still seems questionable to me.

Exactly. They said that people in the year 2000 will be living on the moon. This is 5 years later, and I'm sitting here in this big blue ball.

Anyways, I think the idea of a flying car would be very cool, but you have to consider the facts of reality. What would it take to make the car? Time and money. Like you said, flying cars are very close, but what will it cost if those cars come out? Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Maybe millions. When telephones first came out, only the wealth were able to afford them, and they were considered a luxury, so I think if flying cars ever come out, only the richest of the rich will be using those.

And what about the safety of them? One day, when you're walking down the street, and you look up into the sky, and you see a big car flying, wouldn't you be afraid that it may crash? What if you were in that car? Wouldn't you be afraid that it might crash?

I'm asking a lot of questions because the whole idea still seems questionable to me.

134174[/snapback]

Well why not look at every car that passes you by and wonder if it will crash into you? I don't think I would look up at a flying car and worry it will crash, nor would I worry about flying one. Of course I am assuming that as more safety testing then what goes into cars would be done on these flying cars, but that may be a silly assumption on my part. Sure at first when (and if) such cars come about only the super rich will be able to afford them, but they'll come down in price just like everything else.

Well why not look at every car that passes you by and wonder if it will crash into you? I don't think I would look up at a flying car and worry it will crash, nor would I worry about flying one. Of course I am assuming that as more safety testing then what goes into cars would be done on these flying cars, but that may be a silly assumption on my part. Sure at first when (and if) such cars come about only the super rich will be able to afford them, but they'll come down in price just like everything else.

135107[/snapback]

I know, that is exactly right. Sure, when they do come out, they will be expensive, but that is the way the world works. Like everything else, the prices will come down and regular people will be able to buy them.

I saw this program on tv, and was very surprised just how far some of these flying cars have come. They were rather strange looking, but some were quite fuctional. With a little more time, things like this can (and I'm sure will) become a reality.

And just as someone already mentioned, I think it is NASA that either has, or is in the stages of making a program to guide the flying machines so that no one would be hitting one another in the sky.

As for me, I always thought that it would be more dangerous in the sky than on the road, because now you would be going faster, and with flying machines everywhere in the sky you would have to be very careful not to hit anyone.

Don't quote me on this, because it's been a couple weeks since I saw the program on the television, but I believe they said that if they took all the cars that people are currently driving, and made them into flying machines, then there would still be about 2 miles in between everyones crafts.

This is because when you are in the air, you don't have to take just one line like on the earth. You can fly at all different heights, so it really spreads out the vehicles that are up there. Instead of one highway like right now, you could have several stacked all on top of one another... that would decrease the volume by a ton.

Mind you, with this senario, there are always things that can go wrong, which would scare me. What if someone's flying machine above you broke down? Would it take out four more on its way to the ground?

There is obviously lots of things that need to be concidered, but it still is an interesting idea.