xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael Css2 Tips And Tricks Issue #1 css tips and tricks for you beginners and experts

since my htmls tips and tricks issues are hot on the forum i decided to do some css stuff so lets get to work all you beginners and experts. Also note to those who read this is coming from other websites so i am not claming any rights to this info even though some people think if they make it, its theirs which is bs cuz if that were true then there would not be to many websites on the internet now would their?. Ok the scripting im using for right now is the the actually scripting on the website without external linking

first css trick that is sometimes good to use is the cursor scrip this changes the way your mouse looks when you highlight something on a webpage like a link or text so this how you would do and cursors that you can use

To add these to one or two links, add this attribute to their a tags:

<style="cursor: target; ">

If you want to add it to an entire class of links, add this line of CSS to your stylesheet:

a.help {cursor: help; }

Then add the help class to whatever links you'd like to be affected, like so:

<a href="manual/" class="help">Manual</a>

cursor: auto the default cursor

cursor: crosshair gun-style cross

cursor: default no change

cursor: pointer the normal hand pointer that appears when you hover over a link

cursor: hand a value that is only supported in IE. Don?t use it, use pointer instead

cursor: wait the hourglass (non-animated, sadly)

cursor: text the text-selecting 'I-beam' thing

cursor: help an arrow with a question-mark

cursor: move crosshair with arrows on the ends

? ?

cursor: n-resize an arrow pointing north

cursor: ne-resize an arrow pointing north-east

cursor: nw-resize an arrow pointing north-west

cursor: e-resize an arrow pointing east

cursor: w-resize an arrow pointing west

cursor: s-resize an arrow pointing south

cursor: se-resize an arrow pointing south-east

cursor: sw-resize an arrow pointing south-west

next script that some people like to use that actually goes well with the design of a website is the scrollbar color their are some website that can do it for you you just choose the colors you want and there you go

<style type="text/css">

body {

scrollbar-base-color: #9999cc;

scrollbar-arrow-color: white;

scrollbar-track-color: #ccccff;

scrollbar-shadow-color: black;

scrollbar-lightshadow-color: black;

scrollbar-darkshadow-color: gray;

scrollbar-highlight-color: white;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: black;

}

</style>

ok this next script is sweet i just added it to my style sheet this script puts your scrollbar on the left side your website

<style type="text/css">

body {

direction:rtl;

scrollbar-face-color: #3D5D80;

scrollbar-highlight-color: #3D5D80;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: #2E2E2E;

scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #3D5D80;

scrollbar-shadow-color: #2E2E2E;

scrollbar-arrow-color: #2E2E2E;

scrollbar-track-color: #3D5D80;

</style>

Warning on the left sides scrollbar it alwasy reverses the website as well so use at your accord

heres a tip i just found out

Usually attributes are assigned just one class, but this doesn't mean that that's all you're allowed. In reality, you can assign as many classes as you like! For example:

<p class="text side">...</p>

Using these two classes together (separated by a space, not with a comma) means that the paragraph calls up the rules assigned to both text and side. If any rules overlap between the two classes then the class which is below the other in the CSS document will take precedence.

and finally since we are dealing with scrollbars on this is issue for those who have small layout or who use frames (HAHAHAHAHA) heres how to take them off

If you don't want your frame to have a scrollbar, open up your page; somewhere in the <frame > tag (in between the <frame and > add:

CODEscrolling="no"

If you're dealing with your whole page, insert this into your CSS:

CODEHTML, BODY { style="overflow: hidden;

well that it for today hopefully this help you out :lol:[/color] Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Love your Scroll Bar Tip, Is there a way where I can make the width scroll bar so it comes on the top instead of the bottom, YDA