xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

I Need A Tut!

DjLuki, I don't feel like making a whole tut for something simple, so I'll just explain it.Make a new 5px by 5px image with a transparent bg, use the pencil to create a plus sign right in the middle, so you make 4 empty boxes. Then save it, and go to define new pattern, and save your pattern. Then go to whatever image you want the grid in, and go to Fill --> Pattern and use your pattern. With luck this will come out how you wanted. You can make the grid more transparent if you want it to look skinnier.Hope that helps.

Hey Johnny, that was a very good tip. I think we need a separate forum for all these tips... In categories and everything.

Yep, Johnny pretty much nailed it there. I'd just like to add though, it's usually best if you fill on a new layer, and change the blending option to something like overlay, or alternatively just lower the opacity. You can do the same thing to make dots, scanlines and boxes (not grids, but boxes instead of dots). It just depends on what shape you make when you define the pattern.

Yep, Johnny pretty much nailed it there. I'd just like to add though, it's usually best if you fill on a new layer, and change the blending option to something like overlay, or alternatively just lower the opacity. You can do the same thing to make dots, scanlines and boxes (not grids, but boxes instead of dots). It just depends on what shape you make when you define the pattern.

133469[/snapback]

Ah, yeah, I meant to add the "stick it on a seperate layer" bit, but I'm so used to advanced stuff, I often forget little details like that. Thanks, and those are also good suggestions. (Boxes, scanlines, etc.)

To change gird size1. go to photoshop "Preferences"2. at the drop down menu, select "Guides, Grid & Slices"3. change the size of the Grids

To change gird size

1. go to photoshop "Preferences"

2. at the drop down menu, select "Guides, Grid & Slices"

3. change the size of the Grids

134126[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not what they wanted. I think what they wanted was a grid in the actual image, not the guideline grids though. Thanks for the comment though.

alright..those were all helpful tips.. thank you.. also does anyone know how to make like a spotlight in fonts? like when a light goes through the fonts..almost like a animated scanline.. i found a tutorial at good-tutorials but it doest show how to make it work on a sig.. only the text by itself in a canvas. not sure if you know what im talking about .. if you seen like light oving across text and reflecting light from each letter.... :lol: