xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Munchie

Counter Strike New to the game

I decided to buy CS the other week (dont ask me why) and was wondering if any of you could give me any tips on how to stay alive for longers.I consider myself as not too bad at it but I often find myself running in too quick and getting shot but I cant help it, so any tips?Thanks :lol:

Errrm, Crouch alot and take burst shots. Good Weapons to se would be the M4A1, AK47, Dessert Eagle or the Dual Elites.Grenades are also a good option. And dont jrun in there. Throw a flash bang....then run in there, looking all around

When you're just starting...:1. Go for the spray weapons with low recoil. I would recommend M4A1 (colt) with silencer, or MP5. The MP5 is great, even when the opposition is using rifles.2. When using a spray weapon like the MP5, remember to continuously run around randomly, or run out from cover and run back in. 3. If using a higher recoil weapon, crouch just to the side of cover, so you can quickly retreat back.4. Generally, when you start, camping won't help much, as you probably don't quite have the reflexes or aim. Try moving around, and ambushing.5. Follow your teammates if you want to live. Follow in mid-end pack, make sure you don't stand in doorways and block people though, as they will get pissed. Let your teammates take off health of the enemy (and/or die), and go out and nail the target. It may be called kill stealing, but in public servers, everyone does it, and you just gotta get used to it, if you missed the kill it means your not fast enough.6. Learn the maps. You don't need to know them all, nor know them like the back of your hand. As long as you know from which directions the T's will come, and where are good places to ambush or camp if required.

Thanks for your support guys! :lol:I will try hunting in packs, see where it gets me. I always use the M4A1 as I think its the best weapon and us HE Grenades and I always end up flashing my own team with Flashbangs :)~ Munchie ~

I think working with your team will help you stay alive all work together you will soon kill all the other team if you find yourself on your own go stealthily around the map you are on good luck

Well...I have never been a team player...I have my own way to get frags and stay a bit longer. However, it will need a considerable amount of accuracy, skill, and experience to survive a round. It will surely grant you many frags though. Well, my play is what I call backstab...while your friends are attacking from the front, you try to go around and attack the opponent from the back. Your opponent will be caught by surprise and have no chance of countering. However, if you go around and found out that the opponents are going your way, you will be gangbanged and definitely will die. So if you want to survive, you need to be able to read the situation. When is the right time to go rush or the time to go slow. Where you should go to or not to go to. Sometimes, going rush is also good to create a surprise attack to your opponent. However, be warned if you are a camper type player, do not camp for long, because if your team is losing, you will be alone and have no idea where your opponent is and you'll get confused easily. This will create a chance for the opponent to stab you from the back with knife. So play responsibly. Dying with one kill is not a shame. Dying because camping is. Good luck.

Man CS IS T HE BEST GAME/next to Medal of honor but hey my friend has a tape of this guy beating the whole game in 3 hours and shows you what you have to do and stuff and where hinden things are i don't have the link but my friend does hit me up on aim and i well give you his aim name. my aim is PuNkSoWnU202 so hit me up and i can get you set with the game video now i just don't know which it's for but i beat we can find it for the Counter Strike you have i believe you have the 1st one just plain Counther stiker right? because i believe tahts what he has. Only i would sessgest that insted of watching the movie for ever and try to rember if you get stuke than go to the movie. Oh Yah if your getting shot use barrals they well black you use them as a shild... it works pretty well lol any way man good luck it is a hard game to beat and teh movies teh best thing to a cheat with out cheating lol enjoy it all and don't forget to iM me on AIM if you have it.-WaT-X-Killer{Goa}

Well... The main things to do if you are new to the game are:1. Always watch older/elite players for experience/tips2. Rember to press "b" at respawn..:) (problem I had)3. Always move as a squad..dont be a little nerd and go by yourself, you get no-where!4. Try all weapons, maybe make a LAN server, just join by yourself and test all weapons, to see which one you like the best..5. Go on good servers with alot of players and a low Ping/latency! Remember that! Dont go on a server with a latency of 400 or over. Try to get on ones that are in your country.6. Go get em tiger! :lol:

ok..if your a noob...i know its gonna sucks because people are gonna make fun of you..well ignore them my friend and instead of typing stuff and shouting at them..just use them as shields...let them go first..baith their butts..then when you are pretty descent on aiming..start playing for real...if you need somebody to teach you how to play..just contact me and i can help ya :-D

when you are a new player in Counter Strike, it is always a good idea to keep your sensitivity in mind to increase the aim accuracy. For example if you are playing with a ball mouse you should be starting with sensitivity of around 6-8 and work your way down from there to get as comfortable as possible. On the other hand if you are using an optical mouse you should be using a lower sensitivity of about 3-4.5 (and decimals do mean a lot, althought not as noticable when you are new to the game). To change your sensitivity open console and type [ /sensitivity *number of sens you want* ] -_-

Make sure you add these to your Launch Options to keep consistancy in your mouse movements (your aim). To get to Launch Options, go to your Steam games and right click Counter-Strike and go to Properties.

-noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd

Also use the CPL Mouse Fix. You will have to restart after adding this registry patch.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Doing these two will greatly eliminate those "off days".

If you want to change your monitor frequency to smooth out the game, you can use this command in your Launch Options (only if your monitor supports the frequency hz range).

-freq 100

-OR-

-freq 120

Also, if you want to get interactive with the Counter-Strike community try reading some E-sports news.

http://lpkane.com/

If you want to be more interactive, use an IRC client and connect to GameSurge (irc.gamesurge.net:6667).

Well, u posted this topic 6 months ago, so u are probably not noob anymore :DAnyway, I will give some of my tips now, maybe some other newbie will come to read this :PThis is for CS 1.6:1. For beginers, the best weapon is Mp Navy, it has nice spraying, since allmost all bullets are going in one direction, but it doesn't have very strong bullet and it is not so good on long distances... When u are shooting with it try to strafe, u know, going left and right and aiming his head. ( Buy on "B 3-2" )2. When u are done with practice with Navy, try Commando ( B 4-3 ) and AUG ( B 4-4 ) It has some kind of half zoom and it has pretty strong bulllet and the best solution when u are shooting with those weapons is to shot 2,3 bullets, then stop, the do it again... when u are close just spray somewhere in enemy's chest :D It's better without zoom, but in begining, try first with zoom on long distances...3. When u are done with AUG and Comando, try m4, maybe the best weapon in this game. U can spray with them very well on long and short distances... If u are on long distance try to shot with series of 3 bullets... and try to strafe left and right but very short strafe... not too much.4. Don't try to shot with AK-47 untill u become really good, better solution for beginers is Defender :DWell, it something about weapons... U will figure out what's the best for u, but movement is the most important in this game... so here we go:When u are on long distances, try to strafe, but just little left and right, when there's AWP against u, try some combinations like this, but very short, left, stand ( shoot ), left, right, right, right and then left, right, right, left, left... so, point is, don't just go, left, right, left, right, try to combine it... and every time when u stop for a second should 2,3 bullets then move again...For beginners, the best thing about shooting is to duck, on this way, u will be smaller to ur oponnent and u will be more efective in aiming...About controls, don't change them to play with uparrow, downarrow, cuz it is much better when u learn to play with default controls ( A,W,S,D ) and I strongly recomend to switch jump on mwheeldown and duck on shift... shift cuz it is closer and on some keyboards it is bigger then Ctrl and mwheeldown cuz it will help u really much later ( when u become PRO :P ) to make Bunny Jump... I will explain what is Bunny jump and how to do it when u are finished with other elements of this game :PFor now... if u are unable to jump on some box, try to hit duck and jump in same time and u will jump higher then when u are doing it only with jump...That's it for now, if U have any questions... Feel free to ask :(

ive found that one of the best things to do once youve gotten the feel for the game( and makes it so much better) is to set your mouse sensitivity to like 12 (yes i play with that) It makes smaller mouse movements for you and lets you move around faster. also learn to use the Q button it will switch to your last inv auto. Or you could do like i did and rebind it to your knife. Or once you get really good bind it to (slot3; +attack2; lastinv;) that would make it so when you press and hold Q you bring out your knife and start slashing until you let go. But dont worry about the binds until you have rest down.

ive found that one of the best things to do once youve gotten the feel for the game( and makes it so much better) is to set your mouse sensitivity to like 12  (yes i play with that) It makes smaller mouse movements for you and lets you move around faster. also learn to use the Q button it will switch to your last inv auto. Or you could do like i did and rebind it to your knife. Or once you get really good bind it to (slot3; +attack2; lastinv;)  that would make it so when you press and hold Q you bring out your knife and start slashing until you let go. But dont worry about the binds until you have rest down.

200762[/snapback]

Hmm, interesting idea about binding knife and attack2 on same key :P

Well, about 12 sens :P Dunno... it depends also if u are setting drivers... I use mx510 and I set in drivers on 4th level and turn off asceleration and put sensitivity to 1.5. It is easier for me to aim like that...

Try to learn to play with this command _cl_autoweaponswitch 0. If u set it on 0 u will pick up weapon from floor but it will not be in your hands, switch it alone if u want. If u set it on 1, stronger weapon will automaticly be in ur hands which is not very good cuz sometimes, weapon which u picked up is empty and if ur enemy is somewhere close, u will be free "frag" for him.

Don't change weapons on scroll... it is too slow, try doing it with numbers ( 1 - primary weapon, 2 - pistol, 3 - knife, 4 - grenade, smoke, flash, 5- C4 ( if u are terrorist ) )