xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dodgerblue

Do Trap 17 Nameservers Take Priority? Or are the nameservers not listed in order of priority?

Okay, some background info: I just signed up with Trap 17 to host my domain, tatatee.com and I was previously hosted with FR&T.My issue is this: I acted according to one of the stickys (can't remember which forum there's too many) which suggested to add the Trap 17 nameservers to my DNS records first, without deleting the old ones (the FR&T nameservers), so that I can have a sort of "backup" while I transfer my stuff over.I can access Trap 17's cpanel and FTP just fine.But when I tried to access my site via FTP (using the FR&T nameservers), I couldn't. I'm locked out. But I haven't deleted my records for them yet. I get server errors when trying to access the files through my browser, in case there are too many users FTP-ing on the servers.On my DNS record, I have:Nameserver #1 as ns1.frandt.netNameserver #2 as ns2.frandt.netNameserver #3 as ns1.trap17.comNameserver #4 as ns2.trap17.comAre they in order? Like when I try to view my site, will the FR&T nameservers respond? Or will Trap 17's? Or is it according to whichever is available?If it's whichever is available, that means that FR&T is down (again.. what's new..) FR&T does have a track record of disappearing with my files and stuff for long periods of time.I just want to know if I can recover my stuff or if I have to restart all over again :lol: (hopefully not).

I'm going to be silly and answer my own question.They *are* in order :) I know this because I can access my stuff from my old site now, and the new stuff I put up on Trap 17 servers aren't showing.You can close this thread now. :lol: Thanks anyway to those who looked at my question.