xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Another.. Better Homepage [rate Please!] I call the CSS Blue-Fusion

Err.. This is the third new homepage that I have created for my website! After making the second one and getting better feedback except the fact that it needs more color, I decided to make an even BETTER one! Or at least I think it's better. :lol:

Alright, again.. remember that the comments thing still runs on the original CSS.. so just ignore that. >_>

So tell me which is the best, and rate it out of 10! Please?

Original: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Style 2: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/homepage.php

Most Recent: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/page.php

What did you use for your frontpage, was it a editor or preinstalled? Well i dont like the colors in that page to tell you the truth. I think that it needs more of a clean look. There should also be something filling up the white space all over the page, all your content is on the bottom which is kinda wierd. Overall im going to have to give it a 6 right now sorry. I think you should consider using a different editor or preinstalled script like php nuke. This is just my opinion you can just ignore what i said and continue on if you dont care what i have to say but you asked.

Just check out the three designs. Here's my ranking of each one:Original: 5Not bad, although the background colour made it difficult to see the text. You also should add a graphic to catch the reader's attention instead of empty space.Style 2: 6Same critique as the original. At least the text is easier to see this time.Most Recent: 7Same as before. I like the colour and the text is much easier to see this time.Comments on the above: Try experimenting a little more - or opt for a "cleaner-looking" design.

I like and have voted for /page.php ŚŚ /index.php has too much decoration and makes the text hard to read. /homepage.php is plainer. Decoration rules, but over-decoration make a page look over-decorative :P

I don't know how the frontpage theme fits in with the rest of site. Consistency is just as important as decoration. If you whole site ends up being designed like /index.php, you'll lose yourself many customers because their eyes will go funny as they cannot read the text. You may have visually impaired customers who will go off the site straight away. That's a no!

Through the results of your poll decide between /homepage.php and /page.php due to the outlined reasons. The voters may have just took a look at /index.php and thought "Hey these graphics look nice" and voted for that.

If you've just ignored what I just said at least remember, a customer is everyone. He can have a slightest disability which will make such a difference to your site.

cmatcmextra

PS I rewrote it because I confused /index.php with /homepage.php. Sorry :D Is there an edit button?

Notice from serverph:
no edit button for regular members, sorry. :lol: but i already deleted your earlier post and left this rewrite you did. :)

Edited by serverph (see edit history)