xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

Adobe To Purchase Macromedia. Wow! For 3.4 Billion (appox.)

yeah, that ought to be a pretty big deal too...so, what wud be the new name of the companies after acquisition??? thought company does not change name on aquisition but only in case of mergers....macdobe??? or adomedia??? :lol:Cheers...

Wow, this is truley a massive and unpredicted(well by me at least) merger. Does anybody have any more detail than the article. At this present time those two companies are the two power houses in the multimedia community and with those two merged it could spell some truely amazing products. Does anybody know whether or not they are still going to be operating still under the seperate titles(like adobe photoshop will still be adobe photoshop and macromedia flash will still be macromedia flash) or are they looking at perhaps combining sepeare programs and coming out with a multimedia suite. Could you imagine the multimedia authoring power of a suite of those two combined(not to mention the price). I think it's great and the quality of product is bound to rise. One then wonders how much companies would be making if piracy wasn't an option- a lot more than they already do, that's for sure! Any more info on the merger would be truley apprichiated.

What I love about this merge is that now we might expect an integration between the two softwares making website development much more easier. But, now that the competition is virtually killed, they might enter into a monopolistic phase and increase prices. Hope that doesn't happen.

Wow. I love Macromedia and its Flash toys, and I simply ADORE Photoshop CS. What's going to happen with these big names now? I'm thinking that Photoshop is going to have flash integration, Flash will aslo be integrated with ImageReady for the greatest web design support. This is REALLY big news, I never expected it. GO GO ADOBE!!!!! And for 3.4$ Billion, it's a really big transaction. I heard Microsoft spent 700 million on Rare? Adobe is really rich now :lol:

Man that certainly is big news, those two powerhouses joining up like that, hopefully they look into integrating Macromedia stuff into adobe stuff.

Big deal but i wonder whats going to happen....I mean all of macromedia's software was a one and done deal. Their software had one purpose of which it did very well. However, Adobe normally links their software. For example, if you are making a DVD, you would need Encore, AfterEffects, etc. I just wonder if this is going to happen to Macromedia

Wow, that's amazing! I liked some of Adobe's products in the past (FrameMaker, In Design and of course Photoshop) but I also like what Macromedia has, too! (Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks). Now that the two companies will be one, I wonder what will happen next? Since Adobe usually develops for the Macintosh/OSX first, will that spill over into future products?By the way, if there is a name change - maybe the Adobe and Macromedia names will be kept intact under an umbrella name like Adobe Multimedia Group. Just a thought.

huh,really that?Adobe strengen its team power at any grafics making field assisted by Macromedia later.lots of phenomeno shows that Adobe have monopolised every known form of grafics making skill platform.very awesome action...but i still yean and like macromedia product especially flash and dreamweaver.i think everyone flash fans will sympathize with this action for macromedia with a bad grace.:lol:

mmmh I would love a "export as flash .fla animation" button in imageready :lol: (means no more lose importing images if I do a already doomed to fail attempt to make a flash website)

wowo! i am predicting that they would release far better softwares than just the Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Flash. probably an easier software to produce a very nice flash animations using images from Photoshop. I don't know much about creating a flash animation but I am now starting to learn the intermediate level of Adobe Photoshop CS, and in case the integrate the two programs it would be easier, helpful and fun to design graphics animations for my websites. I don't care if I have to learn more topics and tutorials about Photoshop as long as it will be more useful and for the advancement of the website designing world. :lol:

Just a thought..If all Macromedia required was Money, why it did not approach microsoft. Microsoft could have paid much more for the partnership. However, this is really a shocking news. Adobe will soon be the next big giant .. lets see what happens :lol:

Wow, I wish I had bought some Adobe stock back a while, it's sure to rise now... :lol: That is cool though, I can't wait to see the software that comes out in the next few years!!! :)