xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ameribass

[question] Psp Firmaware Update does anyone know...

Hey. I was searching the net, hoping that I would find the date on which the PSP Firmware Update will come to the US. I heard rumors that it might come out on May 2, the same day that the PSP launches in Korea, but these sources weren't official. The reason that I'm posting this is because the update is rumored to have an official Sony web-browsing utility and maybe even a mail-application/word proccessing program. Has anybody else heard of this and/or does anyone know when the Update will be available in the US? Thanks.

the firmware updates usually comes out each month or so but this new update you can browse the web, and email also has different looks, i will name some of the other features that comes with this new firmware. the current firmware is 2.60 you can now play wma files instead of just plain old mp3 files, they also have alot of people complaining about the ongoing updates speed..etc... it is pretty obvious why they are doing this, it is so that the hackers cant stay current on the new firmware. what i mean is by the time they crack 2.5 there is 2.6 and so on. so this will cut down alot of compatibility issues, so you can play all those new games :D