xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Rate My Newest Homepage.. Its better.. I promise.

After last time, getting very horrible reviews for my homepage, I've decided to create another one. Here is the one that I currently use: Current Homepage and here is the one that I have just created: New Homepage. I've also added a comment system for it as well.. but it runs on the old homepages' CSS so it may possibly changing depending on the reviews I get for my new homepage. Thanks in advance,

--Mike--

It looks much better than the previous one. But i still get an ugly template because the current poll box does not float in the right side and because of that the content beggings almost in the bottom of the page. I guess that it is not the desired effect. For your info: I am using Firefox.

I agree with you that the new site is way better. It lets you focus on the information that you are trying to get across to your reader. I do believe you should add some graphics to spice things up a little. You don't need to be a graphic designer to have a nice-looking website. You might want to start with the simplistic style, as you have stated that you do not have photoshop experience. Try searching the web for sites that you like and build off of them.

Its nice to see that you are open to criticism and hard reviews this will help you alot I suppose. Well, except the background image which you kept in the old site, the new one is more or less the same. I think keeping some menu left or right may be a good suggestion. Everything is grey.... this doesn't make the site look very good. And some pictures or graphic is a must for any website.. why don't you put one?Now I wonder if you have complete control over your site codes. Was the site built by you or someone has done for you or still you copied some scripts from here and there and put them together here? It doesn't look like you have complete control over the source code. Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) must not be inside the head section of your homepage, keep it outside and just call it using link... If most of the monitor resolutions are less than 800x600 pixels your site would look somehow good, but with width like 1024x780 pixels and above it doesn't look good... you can change some layout I suppose... Thanks for accepting my review.. All the best.

Bah, I like the new one.  It is kinda plain though..  I'm not good with photoshop though so my graphics will just make it ugly.  >_<

131208[/snapback]

I made a little title graphic for you if you like it. I think it may look better in a different color though. Let me know if you like it or want me to alter it somehow.

Here it is. :o

Posted Image

I think you need to "rearrange" your content boxes, right now, they are piling one atop of another, avoid centering your text and try to put the poll box onto the side. I recommend that you look at http://www.oswd.org/ design templates. That said, your design was better than the last one.

woW,fairly simple and clear page you made,bringing me a confortable feeling when visiting.maybe you could put a good site logo for your page to fill with the blank above.there are also many section for the content of site.i like this apparent style. :o