xisto Community
j-s

Blender 3d A nice FREE 3d program

Hi.
I just wanna make you know that program : Blender. It's a free 3D program, but it's a very good one, there's a lot of functions, and even a game engine that allows toy to create your own games... The program is downloadable at : https://www.blender.org/.

I recommend that you try it, even if it's not as good as 3DSM or Maya, it has pretty cool functions.

Oh plz give your opinion 'bout that program in this topic.

See ya !

yea blender is awsome.. one of my staff does work with blender. One thing that i heard is that it take a while to learn the interface. But the program is awesome for a free software.

Yeh, it has a difficult interface, i had it once but just could not get used to it. And also, the fact that a program as such is free is amazing, with so many features i think they could sell it for a good price, but let's not give them that idea. I am newbie in Swishmax3c, its a 3d flash modeler but is just about as hard as any other too learn. Has anyone heard of truespace? It's pretty good but there are better.

Hey whoever has that 3d program can u post some work done with it? because im a grpahic designer and i own http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ,its running on lousy freewebs.com thats why im posting here like mad lol well about the program is it good and can u post sum work u have done with it so i mite get it if its awesome ,remember awesome not good :D

Yeh, it has a difficult interface, i had it once but just could not get used to it.  And also, the fact that a program as such is free is amazing, with so many features i think they could sell it for a good price, but let's not give them that idea.  I am newbie in Swishmax3c, its a 3d flash modeler but is just about as hard as any other too learn.  Has anyone heard of truespace?  It's pretty good but there are better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sort of tried it, but considering that it was the first 3d program I've ever attempted to learn, I stopped trying after about 5 hours.

Dang, that is pretty awesome. But, does it come with added spyware and stuff? Cause, if it does......>_>I've done some work with 3ds Max, nothing great though. Guess I'll check this out later.

This program really is awesome. And it's only 4.7 mb to download! This kicks so much *bottom*!! It has multitudes of functions...Now I just have to get used to it. #_# But anyways, *dances* *hugs topic creator*

Has anyone tried the program Lightwave? It's really good. I don't have it, but I know someone who creates amazing things with it.

#_#Gosh, I just opened it up the other day to see what I could do and what it was like..It's like a maze full of confusing. @_@ literally. I couldn't even figure out how to make a shape. >_> I tried looking at the tutorial they had on their website...but I got too lazy to even read it...I think I might just go and get lightwave or 3ds max or something...they seem much simpler to understand. and with 3ds max, I can actually make shapes. >_>Or with this, do you have to go step by step and make eace polygon?? cause..that would be good for those advanced users who have already had experience in that field..oh well.

Blender is the BEST FREE program to do 3D graphics...It allow import for various types....I must admit that I'm BlenderADICT ;) It's was hard to learn when it was in early development...Now it is easy to learn...On webpage https://www.blender.org/ you can find useful tutorials...and even video tutorials that you can download ...it has support for splines, nurbs, like Rhino3D, UV editor, it has various plugins for many things in python...Makehuman is one of projects that are made in python for Blender..Try to google a little....if u have a question ask me....I know a lot about blender...When i get here free web space, i will host my blender projects and pages....I work in Blender about 1,5 year...and it's absolutely best for me..not just because it's free, because evry 1 month they realese a new version with many improvments, and Blender is becoming a serious program that in soon will be equal to 3DStudio Max and even maybe better... Interface is very simillar to Lightwave..

Ok then...time to go download 'Blender'.To the guy/girl who started this...thanks. I really haven't gotten into 3D graphics...ever...and I think that this is a good chance to start. As such...I hope that the user interface is, well, user friendly. Otherwise...I'm gone. :rolleyes: But if it is... *pumps fist into the air triumphantly* Woohoo!

Blender Is Not FreeWare its free software with no spyware

Blender 3d

Its Free Software licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Blender is Open Source software and anyone may download the source code to the program however it is still governed by the terms of the GNU General Public License. Blender is free software it wasnt always but it is now the community raised money to free the sources and the original creator continued it as a community project, it is free and will never be charged for and will never become proprietary again the GNU GPL forbids that from happening :)

-reply by John Byrne