xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bobsaget

Mozilla Problems profile lost

what do you mean by it locks up? I am using mozilla too, and it's working fine for me. I just downloaded 1.0.3 yesterday

If you are talking about Mozilla Firefox, then all i can suggest is getting the updates, then reinstallating it. I say this because my Mozilla Firefox is working absolutely fine.

I have been using Mozilla from 1.3 or something and the only thing I found that would make mozilla freeze is when you open a very large webpage and you scroll the middle wheel of your mouse too quickly. It freezes most of time when you do this. The other thing that would make mozilla freeze is when there are some strange scripts that are not compatible with the engine of mozilla on the site you are browsing. Mozilla would respond with a lock-up. But such sites are rare and I would experience this only once in about 300 webpages I browse. When you restart mozilla after a freeze up, the program would take some time to rebuild its cache and there would be no icon and no menu in the mozilla window, making it look like an epileptic attack. When the cache is refreshed, mozilla is ready to go again. If you are experiencing freeze up with mozilla, I would recommend that you delete your profile in Documents and Setting directory and try to start it up again.