xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hellgate

What Is The Whole Point For Being "a Vegetarian"

i think the whole point of being an vegetarian is you help beasts. BUT, why should you do it if no one else do it and the cows will die!! there have to be much more vegetarians if you want to stop it. so plz post here if you have to say it that i am right or not right:)

Look...It is all about how you feel when you eat animals and I think in what you believe...let me explain:First you have to know that most of those chickens you eat live 15 days maximum and is that healthy meat?- i'll leave it to your judgement! So first thing is health - Men were not made to eat animals because our teeth are made for vegetables but lets say that is not a problem. The next thing is your believe, if you believe in karma than if you kill an animal this is bad karma and you will suffer in this live or some next because of it - so you don't kill animal neither you eat them, because they had to die because of you!But here is the catch...I think that if you just eat meat and that animal died anyway, this is not and cannot be bad karma, bcause you were not the cause of her death! (If you didn't buy it, someone else would). And so for me the only thing that keeps me mostly from eating meat is the compassion and knowing the way this animals are killed (i saw the procedure a few times - AND IT IS NOT AN ACT ON A LEVEL OF A HUMAN BEING!).So it is up to you in what you believe, but here are a few thing you might keep in mind;)greetz

I agree with heavensounds over there.
But its all how u perceive the act of eating meat.

Firstly human teeth are not meant for eating meat neither are they natural hunters.

Another idea is if everyone thinks that he should eat meat since lot of others are eating too and that only his being vegetarian would not make the difference then think again, coz if everyone thinks the same way no one would ever stop eating meat. It is just an endless cycle.

There is another thread that speaks of vegetarianism vs non-vegetarianism.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7712-is-eating-meat-morally-correct/

Also I feel that there are a variety of ways in which tasty vegetarian food can be cooked and eaten, and do not feel that eating meat is the only way to survive.

Cheers.

Well I am fairly vegetarian.. lol that sounds a bit weird but you see, I try to be and sometimes.. when you go to your friends houses and their mothers feed you vegetables and rice.. it gets too much.. i eat only chicken occasionaly but try to avoid it.. It was a funny story how I came about being a vegetarian.. I wasn't always a vegetarian.. My mother was taking me to the supermarket and there was a butcher type thing there and i saw what the chickens looked like. I didn't actually think much to it before that and i asked my mother what it was and she told me and i have been shocked and off meat ever since! ..and then once i had cravings and i go to my mum.. the chicken is dead anyway :o:D

I agree with heavensounds over there.

But its all how u perceive the act of eating meat.

Firstly human teeth are not meant for eating meat neither are they natural hunters.

Also I feel that there are a variety of ways in which tasty vegetarian food can be cooked and eaten, and do not feel that eating meat is the only way to survive.

Cheers.

129963[/snapback]

Well, that's subjective too - who is right to say that human teeth "are not meant for eating meat"? Or that they aren't "natural hunters"? How do you define "natural"? By birth? Or learnt?

Secondly, you don't have to hunt to eat meat. You can eat carcasses. Like vultures. Kinda gross, but if you were starving in the jungle, you probably would.

Next, nobody's saying that eating meat is the *only* way to survive... But personally I think you can't have a healthy diet overall by just eating vegetables alone, or just eating meat alone. Moderation's the key. :o

oke i understand you guys i am against non vegetarians because i am self an vegetarian. the only thing is that we will never be a huger group then the non vegetriaons that is the problem....so it is very difficult to choose if you want to be or not. and most of the people think chicken is nice so i eat chicken and you chicken *BLEEP* off... they only care about there selves!!!

vegitarians belive that not eating animals save their population. But it's all a part of the food chain. The lion wouldn't have survived if he didn't eat the mice or the fox wouldn't survive without eating the chicken. Animals eat other animals, whats wrong with us eating animals? Vegitarians are just... dumb. No offense

well ... I don't think it's right that human teeth are not meant to chew meat (if we were supposed to eat vegetables only, we wouldn't need the sharp teeth in the front), actually I've learned in school that meat contains some essential fat acids [i don't know if that's the right word ... well, at least it's somewhere near it], which no known vegetables contain. A lack of these will not be unhealthy immediately but after a period of about 10 years of total vegetarianism, there will be detectable changes in the way the stomach works.

On the other hand, too much meat is unhealthy as well - most health agencies recommend a piece of meat about the size of a set of cards maximum every day or larger pieces every once in a while. Just to have something to compare this to: The pieces of meat in a McDumb-Burger are slightly larger than this.

I for my part am not a vegetarian but I'm avoiding meat whenever it's possible to do so without causing too many problems; on the other hand it happens sometimes that some of my friends are being told that there will be no vegetarian food at a meeting "because there are so few vegetarians and it would be too expensive to provide vegetarian food", I support them by deciding that I'll be totally vegetarian for this weekend as well. Sometimes this helps, sometimes we're still being told that we can't be provided with vegetarian food, and that's the point when we start to make it a problem for the cooks/etc - by bringing our own food even though we've been told that we're expected not to bring own food into the dining room, by complaining to their boss and by asking other people to ask for vegetarian food as we did.

A few years ago, it was necessary to do so way more often than it is nowadays, since vegetarians have become a quite large group among the german people...

I think the whole point of being a vegetarian is to help the eco-system. I mean they don't eat meat so animals won't have to die. And they live off the earth..The plants and herbs. I guess that's a heathly way of living.

It is because they don't want to eat animals, they may figure they too are animals, and they would not like to be eaten or something along the lines of this, I beleive however it is by nature to eat other animals, in nature the animals they will not eat will sometimes eat other animals, and vegitables where once living too.... :o

HiFirst of all I think no matter what you are a meat lover or a vegetarian, I think you should respect the other ones. I have heard too many meat lovers complain about vegetarians and vice versa.I am an animal lover but I do eat meat. I think I make a clear difference between killing an animal in the wild and eating it which I don't do and eating animals raised for consumption.These animals are born and raised to feed us, we are just lucky to be at the top of the food chain.What sucks about raised for food animals is the way they are raised and generally abused. I think they should enjoy a nice life even if it's only 2 weeks.RegardsPatrick

Im a almost vegitarian. I mostly dont really eat anything, but i dont eat beef, chicken, turky, pork, or anything like that. I do however eat shrimp, crab, and lobster. Not a lot but occasionally. I don't eat any of the "land" meat simply because it makes me sick, everytime i have tried to eat that kind of meat, i just get sick to my stomach.I just also dont like to know that i am eatting a killed thing, its not right. I understand most animals people eat are raised for the soul purpose to be eatten, maybe thats just as bad if not worse then going out and killing some random animal.I just have such a guilty concious, i cant even kill an ant without feeling bad. I kill fleas a lot, but because i don't want them spreading germs to me, to my pets, or anything..Its funny the whole karma thing, i always tell people who are very into being meat eatters, that i hope they are a cow in their next life...so they know how it feels to be shot and eatten. Same when people hit deers, and blame the deer...for being in the road that used to be a forest, where their ancesters lived for hundreds of years, before man made the "expensive" machine that got "ruined" because it hit a deer. Im sorry just humans can be so cruel and selfish.

i am a vegetarian, maybe just because my whole family is, but with the knowledge that i have now, i would not go against my decision to remain a vegetarian at all.As mentioned, its about how you feel when eating animals. I don't think that its right to end the life of another living creature for any reason, unless you have no other option. With food and in our society, there is another option, millions of people are vegetarians, and it is not as though they are just about managing to live, just scraping the nutrients they need...no. The food is great, healthy at times, and when thinking about it, i feel good in knowing that the lives of other beings are not being ended just so that i can eat them.

Wow, I dont really hear a lot about vegetarians too often, of course I dont really think about what I'm eating or where it came from because it dont matter to me. I dont know what I'd do sometimes without meat, just eating vegetables I'd probably die. But thats just me. :)