xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

How To Get Indexed By Google

Hi,I want my Site to be indexed by Google but i do not manage. I submited it several times to Google and i wait some time but nothing they do not index me. I submitted it a couple of time in trap and my posts appear in Google but not my principal site. Please help how can i manage to put my site in Google?PD. Msn search engine already indexed me.

Hello, i have the sam problem:( I just can't get it work and my site was added to a lot of other sites but it just doesn't want to add me hereIt says that i will be added in a few days but then nothing happens and I wrote to them but there is no answer...If anyone has the solution PLEASE post it!Thx

A quote from a book called Google Hacks, from O really:

Submitting Your Site to Google The first step is to get your pages listed in the database, and there are two ways to go about it. The first is direct submission of your site's URL to Google via its add URL or submission page. To counter programmed robots, search engines routinely move submission pages around on their sites. You can find Google's submission page linked from their Help pages or Webmaster Info pages

Just visit Google's add URL page and enter the main index page for your site into the submission form, and press submit. Google's spider (called GoogleBot) will visit your page usually within four weeks. The spider will traverse all pages on your site and add them to its index. Within eight weeks, you should be able to find your site listed in Google. The second way to get your site listed is to let Google find you based on links that may be pointing to your site. Once GoogleBot finds a link to your site from a page it already has in its index, it will visit your site. Google has been updating its database on a monthly basis for three years. It sends its spider out in crawler mode once a month, too. Crawler mode is a special mode when a spider traverses or crawls the entire Web. As it runs into links to pages, it indexes those pages in a never-ending attempt to download all the pages it can. Once your pages are listed in Google, they are revisited and updated on a monthly basis. If you frequently update your content, Google may index your search terms more often. Once you are indexed and listed in Google, the next natural question for a site owner is, "How can I rank better under my applicable search terms?"

You may also want to know about PageRank, the algorithm behind Google's ranking. Just do a web search about that. From my experience, Google has the worst web craweler among the big 3. Yahoo Slurp and MSN bot visit my site almost every day. While Google bot visits only once per month.

Notice from snlildude87:
Use quote tags when you did not think of the article

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Well yesterday I noticed something incrdible. I was building a new forum with a friend and when we were done he said, "who is this third person online? Did you tell this to anyone yet?" I hadn't, so sent me the IP of the people in the online list and guess what, it was me, him and Google... probably like 10 minutes into the finished forum... 8)

lol, Google's web crawler or spider was visiting your site. If you are lucky others like yahoo, dogpile and others could have come online too.In order to be indexed by google, the best method is that your site must be constructed as robot friendly site. To put it simple, static sites are easier for indexing. If your site contains dynamic content it will be somewhat difficult. For me it took one full month for Google to index. For me what I did was I put keywords in the meta tag, but these keywords must be found inside the pages. Some webmasters put whatever keywords they know inside their site meta tags - which makes no difference to search engine because unless the keyword is found inside the page it will be treated as spam... this is very important and google will never index again if the page it crawled is considered spam.

I've never submitted my site to google- or any other search engine, yet their robots go through my site all of the time. It's all in other sites linking to you. And the only place that I know where my site has a link is at some of the forums I go to.So if you frequent a BBS, be sure to fill out the "website" part of your profile.

I have only submitted my website to Google and Yahoo and I have found my website indexed in just one or two weeks on both search engines. I have also posted the link of my website in various forum signatures. This thing works a lot. I will suggest you to be a members of at least four or five good forums. This will help very much to index your website in Google and Yahoo. you can also add your site in Dmoz.org dierctory.

I just try to get links to my site everywhere i can and then go to googles addurl page.Speeking of google visiting your forums. I think i have seen things like that a few times. But not on my forums. Sometimes when i'm on other people's forums, in the user's online part I see google as one fo the user's. Does that meen that google is crawling the forums?

From my experience, Google has the worst web craweler among the big 3. Yahoo Slurp and MSN bot visit my site almost every day. While Google bot visits only once per month.

Experience is obviously different for each person.It only took ten days for my Xisto site to be listed on Google, where I used the Add URL on the Google site. In the seven days since being listed, there has been 53 hits from the Googlebot with only 10 by Inktomi Slurp and one by MSN.

As mentioned above, it really is dependant of what type of content you have and having links to your website (eg. in forums) definately helps. Indexing will not hapen overnight, but it will happen...

Hi, I have some good news. Finally google indexed me :-). Thanks again for your recommendations in the last days. But in order to keep you active i have a new question for you:My site is about Web Design. I would like to know in what position do i appear if you search in Google "Web Design". I mean there are a lot of pages that matched this search and i do not want to check one hundred pages. Maybe there is a function that gives you the exact position for a search.Any idea???

Yahoo crawls my site more often than any other search sites, here are some stats from my cPanel.

Robots/Spiders visitors (Top 25)   -   Full list   -   Last visit   6 different robots*	Hits	Bandwidth	Last visitInktomi Slurp	101	371.59 KB	22 Apr 2005 - 01:33Unknown robot (identified by 'spider')	22	331.15 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 17:07Unknown robot (identified by 'crawl')	15	151.55 KB	12 Apr 2005 - 20:10Googlebot	11	166.71 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 00:19MSNBot	3	34.33 KB	14 Apr 2005 - 15:41Alexa (IA Archiver)	1	15.54 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 00:09
Please note that Inktomi Slurp is Yahoo. Also here are the stats of how are people connected to my site.
Links from an Internet Search Engine - Full list- Yahoo	404	404- Google	28	34- MSN	9	9- AltaVista	4	4- Unknown search engines	3	3	448	12.6 %	454	1.3 %
As you can see the more people use Yahoo to search my site, the more frenquently Yahoo crawls my site.

Yahoo crawls my site more often than any other search sites, here are some stats from my cPanel.

Robots/Spiders visitors (Top 25)   -   Full list   -   Last visit   6 different robots*	Hits	Bandwidth	Last visitInktomi Slurp	101	371.59 KB	22 Apr 2005 - 01:33Unknown robot (identified by 'spider')	22	331.15 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 17:07Unknown robot (identified by 'crawl')	15	151.55 KB	12 Apr 2005 - 20:10Googlebot	11	166.71 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 00:19MSNBot	3	34.33 KB	14 Apr 2005 - 15:41Alexa (IA Archiver)	1	15.54 KB	21 Apr 2005 - 00:09

Okay, so I found the thing in my reports that says that the googlebot found my site on May 14th, so now does that mean I just have to wait until it gets listed in google? Or should that have been done automatically? I've checked google for my site and it isn't there yet. I also submitted my link to google today (before I knew how to check if the googlebot found my site) but I don't know if that'll make a difference.