xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
choetry

My Computer Is Blocking My Website Or not? I am not sure what happens really.

I have a serious problem with my computer since I got hosted with Xisto. I bought a domain and it's pointing to Xisto.

However, some time of the day, I could not go to my website on the internet, an error message of 'https://www.1and1.com/website-builder could not be found. Please check the name and try again.' Not only that, I also can't upload my files if that's happening. At first, I thought it was a problem with Xisto, but then I found out that i could actually access it with another computer in the library. My computer seems to be the culprit that blocks the access to my site.

I tried changing browsers to netscape or internet explorer (I use firefox mainly) but the same problem still persists. I tried looking for solution on the net, and i also tried 'pinging' the domain name (don't know if that's helpful :o ) and it was a success.

Sometimes the same problem also happens to this forum. I get the same message but the error on the forum is briefer, normally less than an hour.

I thought something in my computer might be blocking Xisto sites, so i tried accessing all the websites posted in the 'Xisto showcase' forum. Some worked, some didn't. Not sure if thats the same problem or the users just took their sites down.

i consulted NilsC and this was his reply:

I'm looking at your website right now. I copied and pasted your url and got right there.
Where are you located? You may need to add Xisto.com to your hosts file if your ISP can't keep their dns server working. There has been a few poisoned DNS servers ont he web the last couple of days.

I didn't really know what it means. But doesn't hosts file contain websites that you want to block? I added Xisto to it and no sites in Xisto could load at all, so i removed it.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? or does anyone know what happens and can solve it?

Thanks

Sorry one more thing...After hosting with Xisto, i noticed something very different with all other hosts that I have used previously.In my 'My Network Places', there are 2 subcategories, 'Local Network' and 'The Internet'. The 'Local Network' has always been there but 'The Internet' is something new. It contains 2 folders (mywebsite.com and myname.trap17.com) which link to the files in my website on the internet. I can't open these folders too when i can't access my website.I have always been using microsoft front page to upload my site but 'The Internet' didn't exist before. I am not sure if this has got anything to do with it but yeah...