xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Free

Freelancer Is anyone playing Freelancer?

lol that game is fun....i was playing it in my freinds house, and i think it would be a good thing to play to waste song free time......i just need a bigger HD so i can play the *darn* game :P.I heard there are some star wars mods or somthing that are pretty fun....

I remember the fun I had with this game... I used to visit every star system and do sat least 5 missions on every station. The open ending was great, not to mention the story which I could say was a masterpiece. Also I remember the huge map (amazing was that the game had only one CD). Overall I could say that Freelancer is in top 10 games of history.

I completely agree with last post^^^. This was one of the most entertaining games I've every played. The graphics were great at the time, but mainly the gameplay was amazing. It was a very immersive experience, going into the different systems, upgrading your ship and weapons, armor etc.. However, the online game lacked a purpose, I didn't really feel like it was worth playing. Usually there would be a couple extremely equipped people and then you were all left to go exploring throughout the server without any specific goal.

All multiplayer needed was unique missions on individual bases, I can't remember but I used to run a server with a mod that did that and it worked great. But that was long ago. During the early days of Freelancer development they actualy considered making it a massive multiplayer online role playing game, however considering the scope of the game I'm suprised they did such an amazing job already. My point being that if right now they made a expansion adding mmorpg mode with expanded missions for a purpose I would personally play that as my top game.The main story was great, but the open ended wasn't that open ended, there wasn't really anything else to do, just the potential that alot of mods used. Unfortunally modding never did gather enough freelancers for mmorpgs.