xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tariqrf

Why Cant I Get Mysql To Store Information? sql does not work

I recently got an account over and am switching from buggin tripod to trap 17.. the problem is, i cant get my data stored in the database tables....

i have created a user, a password and stuff, but i cant get it to store information, this was possible when i was hosting with tripod.. but i donno why i cant get it working now.

<?#These are my mySQL connection settings$DBhost = "localhost";$DBuser = "tariq_*****";$DBpass = "*******";$DBName = "tariq_****";?>

i donno.. why cant i get it to store information... this is very important.. pls help, as i am desperate to get this going now..
anxiously waiting for a reply,
Tariq

Try to - Log in CPanel- Go to MySQL databases- There create MySQL databases and grant users permisions- At the bottom of that page you will find a link to PHPAdmin. PHPAdmin provides you an easy way to manage databases tables, insert data and so on.Good Luck and let us know if you do not manage.

there is no error message,,, i am using flash to post variable to a php file which inturn enters data into the mySQL database, this used to work for me in tripod,,i heart that hashes are not supported,, is that the reason (htere was only one , i removed that now)can someone please explain exactly about the permissions and stuff...Help wil be hugely appreciated,Tariq