xisto Community
zippy77

Who Wants To Start A Mmorpg? Ideas for a new MMORPG.

Who here would like to start thier own massivley multiplayer online game? I would love to start one myself but sadly I am not yet skilled enough to code it myself. Does anyone else here want to start thier own online game? Post your ideas here and maybe if we put our heads together we could make something great! Any suggestions on open source scripts for a game or other useful info please share! I hope we can come up with a great game!zippy77

I am making a MMORPG and I'm using FSO 1.2 stuff. But i know some free ones called konfuze located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (delte if advertising) and that is good also. I have some general tips. -Come up with a title that jumps out to the public.-Come up with a stoyline for the game that will keep players interested.-Get a host-Come up with a staff list the ideal list includes:      -Mappers 2-3 is good      -Image designers      -Site maker      -ModeratorsAnd youll be all set.

I am making a MMORPG and I'm using FSO 1.2 stuff. But i know some free ones called konfuze located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (delte if advertising) and that is good also. I have some general tips.

-Come up with a title that jumps out to the public.

-Come up with a stoyline for the game that will keep players interested.

-Get a host

-Come up with a staff list the ideal list includes:

-Mappers 2-3 is good

-Image designers

-Site maker

-Moderators

And youll be all set.

129249[/snapback]

Speaking of which Nate, have you found any staff for yours yet?

Alright I guess I need to get some help on this huh? Hey what is FSO 1.2? I might look into buying some kind of script or whatever if that is what that is.

If you don't know how to use any scripting language, Realm Crafter is pretty good. Apocalypse online was made with that

Is it me, or does just about every tech-minded guy want to start their own MMORPG these days? Just search for MMORPG on Google. You get 36.8 million results! That's way too many games in my opinion...I'd love to help make an MMORPG, but I only know Visual Basic as a programming language, and it's not that great with that stuff. As for Scripting Languages, I only know SadScript, and I'm not too good with that either. I need to find a *good* language...

Replying to zippy77Hey dude I realy would like to help make an mmorpg with you ive been looking for someone who is interested. I have some awsome ideas for a naruto based mmo I have a pretty beast title for it. I don't realy no what I need to start an mmo (I'm only 14), but I'm pretty bright and would gladly listen to anyone who can help me understad what you need to create an mmo. I'm thinking naruto because with naruto you need to be open minded to realy make it beat warcraft and I think naruto will force us to be open minded, and if we succed with naruto then warcraft is going down for sure. If you would like me to help you out my aim is lamasarepimp2000 (don't ask about my sn) and my email is Kaostheory yahoo.Com -reply by kaostheory

MMORPG-Idealist and Moderator

Who Wants To Start A Mmorpg?

Hello I to have been attempting to create a mmorpg game of my own and with the help of others... I do lack the capabilities of coding and scripting, but what I do have, is the ability to come up with BRILLIANT ideas and story lines, quests, items. Lvling system, story line, and characters/town/kingdoms you name it. I would be verry interested in helping... My email is warlordzclan att yahoo.Com

Yahoo instant messenger: warlordzclan

-reply by WarLordzClan

Replying to gameratheartIf there 36 billions MMORPGs and people still feel the need of making their own is because of the 36 billions, only 5 or 6 are actually good.. All the 30 other billions are failed attempt to copy the 6 good one. More and more MMO comes out each new one being the same as the last.

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/20258-who-wants-to-start-a-mmorpg-ideas-for-a-new-mmorpg/ to zippy77</a>Hey dude I realy would like to help make an mmorpg with you ive been looking for someone who is interested. I have some awsome ideas for a naruto based mmo I have a pretty beast title for it. I don't realy no what I need to start an mmo (I'm only 14), but I'm pretty bright and would gladly listen to anyone who can help me understad what you need to create an mmo. I'm thinking naruto because with naruto you need to be open minded to realy make it beat warcraft and I think naruto will force us to be open minded, and if we succed with naruto then warcraft is going down for sure. If you would like me to help you out my aim is lamasarepimp2000 (don't ask about my sn) and my email is

Kaostheory yahoo.Com

-reply by kaostheory

Hey Mate,

I have also been dreaming of running a mmo! =D I also I am 14...

Jesse

Making my any sort of game is a dream of most in this forum I'm sure. I would personally like to do one that's just purely personified creatures and very dark.

I agree with what Iguest said about there being way too many games and that only like 6 of them are really good and the rest all the same.As many of you others do i would like to start my own game, hopefully like a text based strategy...but for now im quite content with just helping out in the ones i do play and like help moderating in them...and its ok coming up with ideas, however if there are 30 billion or whatever rejects what makes yours any better? also think about copyrights and stuff espicially with naruto....not that i think they will like get you done for copyright infringement or anything...but still :)good luck to all! lol

Yeah, I'd Like to make one, I've got a story, a few ideas, plenty oftime and imagination but like most people, I posses no skill at makingthese sorts of games.My Idea is Basicly a 2D Isometric ( Birds Eye View ) Sci-Fi Horror Sort of game called: "Quarantined Space" ©Any Help on how to make a 2D Isometric Etc sort of game or if you could help yourself would be highly aprecciated! :DAs there are ZERO tutorials on how to make one.Reply Email: Jamienightingale@hotmail.Co.Uk- Jamien66-reply by Jamien66