xisto Community
AbstracT

I Hate Microsoft Word

I don't hate Microsoft word that much. But I didn't understand the incompatibilities between different versions of word documents. Once I faced a really embarrassing situation when i took an important document to somewhere else, where a different version(probably 2003) installed. And when i opened my document it showed me modern art... :huh:

Woah woah woah, so much MS Word dislike.Microsoft Word is by far one of the best word processing applications I've used. And I've only used three, MS Works, Open Office, and Word. Well actually 4 if you include Google Docs. I can only recommend that you look up on how to change the autosave settings in word. As for freezing up, all operating systems I've used have had problems with freezing up. It's inevitable. Even linux systems which people say is not prone to freezing, froze on me the other day while I was at university.Actually the best option would be to change your habit so you save every three paragraphs of text. At least every page. Be paranoid, when you're thinking, just hit that shortcut CTRL + S - it's literally painless...:)

I stayed up all night yesterday to finish up my 10 page paper for philosophy. My microsoft word normally auto save my work after a couple of minutes..So when I was on my 5th page it was saved but it never saved when I reached my 10th page. So after I put my finishing touches my paper and was about to save it the program froze. I mean I couldn't move the cursor I couldn't do anything..I wasn't running any extra programs so it wasn't that prob...I stared at my screen for a whole hour hoping it will just come back to normal and it didn't...I had to type up the rest of the 5 pages AGAIN!

worked from 5pm to 6am, i didnt sleep for the whole night just to work on my chemistry report. I had like 11 pages, so I was careful and saved it every few minutes, but I accidentally deleted 4 pages of my report and saved it when I was finally DONE with my essay and I couldn't redo it!!!! I HATEEEEE microsoft word!!