xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BoSZ

Ftp Accounts

are we eligible to have ftp subaccounts the thing is that my site is to be built by me and my friedi wanned to make a ftp account for him stricly for one folder but although i had added it it does not work

you can point it to a specific folder, so whats the prob?

so i did i use the ftp adress as follows: host.trap17.com and bang :( --->> 530 and an another thing i guess that the anonymous access to our accounts sould be removable

well thats a strange adress :Si use it like this:username: wassiepassword: ************ftp adres: wassie.trap17.comand it works fine for me :S

heheh

this is how ftp addresses are put all together and interpreted by ftp clients web browsers ect
your_host.com

nothing strange bout it

anyways i have tried to put this in the original syntax (the one given above) and the normal (user pass host )way
both failed giving the 530

my ftp account(the main one) works great

i appears that I'm the only one with the problem so to make it more clear for you guys i have set up a test ftp account leading to a "test" directory bosz.trap17.com or for those of you that don't use the short syntax: user : test pass :test1234 ftp: bosz.trap17.com i have tried this account with bosz.trap17.com and ftp.trap.17.com with null results

[br][R] Connecting to bosz.trap17.com -> IP=69.50.188.18 PORT=21[/br][R] Connected to bosz.trap17.com[br][R] 220-=(<*>)=-.:. (( Welcome to PureFTPd 1.0.12 )) .:.-=(<*>)=-[/br][R] 220-You are user number 5 of 50 allowed.[br][R] 220-Local time is now 13:33 and the load is 47.73. Server port: 21.[/br][R] 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.[br][R] USER test[/br][R] 331 User test OK. Password required[br][R] PASS (hidden)[/br][R] 530 Authentication failed, sorry[br][R] Connection failed[/br][R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

as you can see the pass is interpreted as wrong by the server and i have tried this some time after i made changes so i doubt its a time issue i guess the subftp account are disabled for us but it is written nowwhere :(

Why dont you use a program.........

where do you thing i got that specific info of not being authorized etc.. hehehehftp server accounts are to be utilized with ftp clients not some lousy IE :( : :(

i use flashfxp

but serious
can one of the admins give me some info on it
if seem like the sub account are disabled
and thats how it aint working

try this. this IS the proper format as i tested creating one on mine.user: test@bosz.trap17.compass: test1234ftp: bosz.trap17.comtell me if you can connect successfully.

the one i gave is entirely different. and it is tested on an FTP client,not from the browser. go check your test folder :) i have uploaded successfully there :)

oh *BLEEP*sorry broit was not the same i just realized thatam sorry for being blindplease excuse me:P---looked at it now once again and i cannot understand how had i missed that ?thanks loadsi owe u one lib2day :DB)B):D:):)B)

glad to be of service :) now you can have your friend access his own ftp folderunder your subdomain :)