xisto Community
odomike

My Phpbb Acp Aint Working Please help

I requested for a hosting upgrade which i have alreay gotten (thanks to you spectre) but I was surprised to find out that I cannot upload files to my phpbb directory. Not only that, I cannot even log into my PHPBB Admin Cpanel. Please help. What should I do to correct this?Thank for your anticipated help (in advance).

Well, i had to uninstall my forums and reinstall it again. I thought that it is the only solution to that and i lost many things cos I have already installed many skins and mods in there. Kinda frustrating though.

I have gotten the forum back to live and i think you should have a look at it and tell me what you think.

here is the link Odomike Services Support Forums.

Thanks for trying to help deejames.

i;ve been through with your forum site... well... its fine now... :) good luck!

it is that way now cos i had admin reset my website for me. I know that it will be another hard work for me in uploading everything again (My internet connection here is a mess). But i prefered to have it resetted so that everything will be alright.To adminThank you so much.

i use easymod to install my mods and it makes installation of mods as easy as ABC. goto https://www.phpbb.com/mods/ and find it under mod installations

It is a kool soft but it has its setbacks i must warn you.

i use easymod to install my mods and it makes installation of mods as easy as ABC. goto https://www.phpbb.com/mods/ and find it under mod installations

I haven't tried this easymod yet...but I'd like to install some mods for my phpbb, i have tried to do this before, but i have always messed things up...

how does it exactly work and does it work for all mods...and what are the setbacks? :)

I haven't tried this easymod yet...but I'd like to install some mods for my phpbb, i have tried to do this before, but i have always messed things up...

how does it exactly work and does it work for all mods...and what are the setbacks? :)

easymod is a soft that enables the user to install mods without much troubles. What you have to do is to

1. download it from PHPBB.com/mods

2. unzip the file

3. upload to your public_html/phpbb2/admin/

4. Go to http://ww38.yoursite.com/phpbb2/admin/mods/easymod_install.php

5. follow the intructions from the soft to complete the installation.

The setbacks are that it can mess up your forums at times. I have had to uninstall and reinstall my forums about 3 times now and it is as a result of forum db problems.

Right now, I have a bug in my forum. I think that it is as a result of one mod or the other which i installed in my forum.

One advice i will give you is to go goooooogling for a soft called easyphp. it will enable you to test your forums and php dbs in your local comp before uploading into your remote server. That way, you will be running minimal risks of db problems.