xisto Community
insomniac.vivi

Any Fish Enthusiasts? You know you are...

I thought I'd try to find some of the other fish enthusiasts here on Xisto. I have four tanks right now, three filled with African Cichlids (Yellow labs, Johanni, and Pink Cons) and the other with some freshwater, some angels, a pleco, red platys, and a male guppy. It's a nice tank setup.So, if you have a fish tank, post the fish you have in it and anything else you want... Anyone have any oscars?

Hey do i like fish? I love them. And I also like eating them. Lots of them. I used to have a fish pond but due to my negligence of the whole thing, it dried up and all the fishes died.My bad...

..... African Cichlids (Yellow labs, Johanni, and Pink Cons......

heheh i got

Joha...(nop i guess that aint the one i have) and blue norths (2 of em)

my tank's is kinda small but at the moment i cannot afford a bigger one :(

the pic of my tank :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BoSZ, what is the fish in the first pic? I swear I have one of those in my freshwater tank, and I have been trying to identify it ever since it came with the guppies I got. Is it a cichlid? I've noticed the bars on it's side will fade, like cichlids' do. I've also noticed it acting like a cichlid, and it might explain who has been behind the nipped fins in my tank :(Also, is that a yellow lab in the bottom pic? I know that female Johanni are orange and the males are blue... But anyway, your tanks looks nice! I need to look at how I'm going to redecorate my tanks. I like having large rocks at the bottom, but I'm worried about the wieght. Ah well, that's for some other time to think about.

I love fish. I got into them around 3 years ago when I recieved my first 10 gallon tank. There was much error as I first started out, you know, what with the chlorine and stuff. I just tossed the fish in and expected them to live. Didn't know all about that p.h., temp, all that stuff. Did lots and lots of research on the comp after that situation. I love clown loaches, I'm gonna get a hude tank and put 10 of them in an aquarium when I can afford it. Right now, in the 30 gallon tank, I got an oscar cichlid. You have to be careful with those, when you feed it, it'll jump really far up and take the food out of your hands. I was scared the first time that happend.

well insomniac.vivi

unfortunetally my knowledge of english doesnt include fish so i cannot tell you what is the name of that fish in your language.(exept the yallow one ist called blue north

why blue ? i do not have a clue :(

i could use a good resource (www) of fish information in english, fich from tanganica/malawi lake. I you guyz know a site like that please pm me

take care

---edited---

i looked up the names of my fish in latin

here the are

striped one:

well i have not found it all i know is this is a very rare one. Its similar to Melanochromis auratus and Melanochromis chipokee and closely related to them but still different (doesnt have the yellow stripes)

eee found it finally: http://malawicichlids.com/mw09004c.htm

the yellow one:

Electric Yellow Labido

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_labido.php

oh my, beautiful pictures! You should use some of the pics you take and make a desktop wallpaper out of them. (it'd look like a fishtank sitting right on your computer desk :( )I had some fish once in a tank, for a science fair project, and I won't tell you how *that* turned out for the fishies, but we metaled at state soo... I did have a red beta fish named Hank for like three years. He was a good fish :(