xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
googlue

Favourite Freewares My favourite freewares that rock

Well, I love to start this thread.
Here, you will see all the nice freewares that I love!

Here's the starter:

LOOKOUT for OUTLOOK

Lookout is lightning-fast search for your email, files, and desktop works with Microsoft OutlookŽ. This has been recently acquired by Microsoft, and hence FREE!

Built on top of a powerful search engine, Lookout is the only personal search engine that can search all of your email from directly within Outlook - in seconds...

You can use Lookout to search your:

Email messages
Contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, etc.
Data from exchange, POP, IMAP, PST files, Public Folders
Files on your computer or other computers
... Very soul (okay, not true)
Just enter your search and press enter. Results are fast. Lookout will find your search terms hiding nearly anywhere in your Outlook mailbox - subjects, bodies, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

Download it here

Free Antivirus Software

Not much behind the requirement for firewalls is the inevitable need for an antivirus software. Most of these cost a lot of money and need to upgraded regularly and that again costs money!

An antivirus is like having a in-house policeman. There are free antivirus software available that can beat any paid product. Take for example AVG antivirus. I have absolutely no complaints against this product. Literally.

There are others available here too, but what makes AVG best is that it has auto-update feature that is lacking in most other free antivirus products.

Get free AVG antivirus here. You need to register with your real email to get this free. Don't worry, they wont spam you either!

Windows XP SP2
Microsoft has released Windows XP Service Pack 2.

What is it for?
Making Windows XP systems more secure and updating Tablet and Media Center PC operating systems.

Who is it for?
Anyone running a PC with Window XP Home/Pro

Advantages:
FREE
New firewall;
pop-up ad blocker for Internet Explorer;
new Security Center makes managing security apps easier

Recommended?
YES!

TOOLBARS...

Google Toolbar

Take the power of Google with you anywhere on the web.

Search the web with Google from any site
Eliminate annoying pop-up ads
Shop faster - fill in forms with one click
New! Browse by Name

Special toolbar for Internet Explorer users that puts a Google search box right into your browser. In addition, you can use it to see the "PageRank" popularity score of any page you are viewing, search within the particular site you are viewing, see a previous of "cached" copy of any dead pages, find pages similar to the one you are viewing, block pop-ups and more. It loads within seconds and is well worth adding to your browser. Using the toolbar with PageRank enabled sends some information back to Google. If that concerns you, choose the "Install Without Advanced Features" option. Highly-recommended.

Download it here
Code:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Google Deskbar

Provides the ability to search with Google from the taskbar within Windows. In other words, you can search without having to be in your browser.

AltaVista Toolbar

Provides access to AltaVista web, news and multimedia search, page translation, term highlighting and pop-up blocking.

Ask Jeeves Toolbar

In addition to searching Ask.com, the Jeeves toolbar lets you limit your search to news, dictionary, stock market, weather, events, maps, and the Ask Jeeves Kids web sites.

Dogpile Search Toolbar

Consolidates a variety of useful web and specialized searches into a single, easy to use interface. (Review: Dogpile's Toolbar Fetches More than Search Engine Results, June 25, 2003)

MSN Toolbar

Provides the ability to search the web using MSN Search, perform site specific searches, term highlighting and pop-up blocking.

Teoma Search Bar

Provides direct access to Teoma's search results, offers search term highlighting on the pages you visit, allows access to an online dictionary and provides the ability to email any web page you view.

Yahoo Companion

Search Yahoo, access Yahoo Mail, check on stocks and more via a toolbar within your browser. It also has pop up blocker and Antispy now!!!

One HOT addition mates...

VIVISIMO Minibar...

Vivisimo is a Cluster Search Engine. Your search results are clustered into different categories, so it is easy to find what you need, unlike Google which gives everything... like searching a needle in a haystack...

I am using it and am very glad to continue using it...

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Adware & Spyware Removers
Imagine somebody stealing your chequebooks that were signed but left blank. Spywares do the same dirty work and be aware of them and certainly keep away from them! Adwares install advertisements in your computer which may harm the PC and in addition, slow down the computer.
There is no ONE software to rely on. You need TWO! That is if you want to be doubly sure. Don't worry, both are free!

Ad-aware se. This excellent program is available as a professional paid version also, but the free version is more than enough for home users. Get it hereand scan your PC at least once a week, if not more frequently!

Spybot Search & Destroy. There are many adware and spyware that may escape Ad-aware. The second line of defense must be this utility. You can get it here.

Which is the best browser?

This is a question that haunts many!

Here is the list:

My favourite is Maxthon (previously MyIE2)

This is an IE based browser and requires that you have Internet Explorer also in your computer. It has innumerable features including tab support, pop-up blocker and Ad hunter!

Not far behind in the list is Mozilla Firefox. This is not based on IE and that itself has many advantages.

These two are the must try browsers before choosing. After you start using any of these, I can assure you, you will never return to IE again!

Opera is also a good browser, but is ad supported and costs money if you want to remove the ads! No way!

I dunno if ya'll support this kind-of thing on your forums, but I know that there's plenty of places to find CD keys, serial codes, cracks, the like on the internet. I run opera (latest version) and have Serial codes available for this, and many other products available now... PM me or somethin if you want a crack or serial to somethingMods- admins- such, If this kind of stuff isn't appropriate for these forums, my bad.. i did'nt kno.. and it won't happen again.. aiight?

serials, cracks, stuff like that are widely available on the net today. but not everything is crackable. I know from experience. b/c sofware companies know this and find ways to avoid this. one example, registration of product. u can't register Micro$oft products to get updates. of course, you can use it cracked, but u wont get vital updates...

naturally. but i'm just saying that If I can help ya'll out, I'm glad to. I mean some peeps don't know about the places to get CD keys and such like that.. and If all else fails.. go to COMP USA and take ur phone and take a picture of one of those CD keys on their CD's... :(Thx for reminding me a3k..EDIT-Favorite Browser - OperaFavorite Anti-Virus- Norton (it came wit my comp So it's Kinda freeware

I dunno if ya'll support this kind-of thing on your forums, but I know that there's plenty of places to find CD keys, serial codes, cracks, the like on the internet. I run opera (latest version) and have Serial codes available for this, and many other products available now... PM me or somethin if you want a crack or serial to something
Mods- admins- such,

If this kind of stuff isn't appropriate for these forums, my bad.. i did'nt kno.. and it won't happen again.. aiight?

Not supported mate, don't try that here...

You risk being thrown out. I suggest you edit your posts immediately, if you want to stay here...

This is a clean forum and let us keep it clean.

Thanks for understanding.

Googlue!
A responsible forum member :(

Spybot Search & Destroy. There are many adware and spyware that may escape Ad-aware. The second line of defense must be this utility. You can get it here.

I would like to recommend this rather than Ad-aware.

My favourite is Maxthon (previously MyIE2) This is an IE based browser and requires that you have Internet Explorer also in your computer. It has innumerable features including tab support, pop-up blocker and Ad hunter!

This is also my favourite browser.