xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gotcha41

Statusbar

I have a rather technical question about the statusbar :Is it possible to alternate a flashing text with a 'passing-by' text? I have 2 codes that work perfect when they are separated, (I mean when they are not connected to each other) Can someone find a way to alternate the first one with the second? I'm not that familiar with html.. If my question isn't clear for you, just ask what you want to know :(

It would be rather helpful of you to post the snippets of coding. :(

Although, if this is done through javascript, I believe you could assign a variable count, something like..

if (variable1 = 0) {[br]First code thing here;[/br]variable1 = 1;[br]}[/br]if (variable1 = 1) {[br]Second code thing;[/br]variable1 = 0;}

Hi;probably the easiest way would be to add a wrapper function that you call from the body tag.this wrapper function will then alternate between calling the two status bar functions:function statusFunctions(){ for(var x=0; x<10; x++){ flash(); } setMessage(); setTimeout("statusFunctions();",speed);}you will need however to fiddle with the flash function as it relies on recursion to do the actual flashing, and by doing as I mention above, you break this recursion...good luck- arp