xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H3x

Index Help Plz

I used cuteFTP Pro v6 to upload the Index into the "www" folder but can't seem to get it to work.. what I mean is that every time I go to the site its the directory not the Index I uploaded. I was told that I may Have to edit the " .htaccess " file but wasn't sure

I was told to add this into it but don't know where to put it in the .htaccess file

DirectoryIndex index.html

huh? how did u get hosting with zero posts? (this thread is your first :()anyway, Xisto instantly recognizes .htm, .html, .php, from my experience. and i didnt have to configure any .htaccess file. :(

It's possible lib, people do pay and use ads on their website.I believe you are supposed to upload index pages for everyone to see into the public_html folder. The www folder is not the same.

ow, right... totally forgot about that. :(btw h3x, what's ur web url?

ok I got another question what should the Permissions for the site be. Like where should I put the checks and where shouldn't I put them.

Plus do I need these files

.contactsavetime
.cpanel-ducache
_vti_inf.html

btw h3x, what's ur web url?

Its not mine its a friend of mine but he asked me to help him with it. and its not working right now, but when it is I'll post a link for it

for permission settings, it all depends on what your folder or webpage needs.if you're setting up php pages, i would suppose you have to check thescript installation procedures for the permission settings if it needs any. forregular htm/html pages, no such need ordinarily.for ur other question, i would suggest you not to delete those files asit may have some important significance to Xisto. am not sure though.just wait for an admin/mod to reply on this matter. :(

ok the files stay for now hehe :( and I was talking more along the lines of the permissions for the "user/group/world" settings in the file manager and then it says something like "read/write/execute" what ones of those should be checked for the public_html