xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Small Problem Parking Domain

I've have recently had my account upgraded to the second package and was told that uni.cc domains were no longer accepted as main domain names because of problems that have been happening with them. I was also told that if I wanted to park the domain, I was free to do so, but when I went to park it. It says that someone is already using it... I just registered this domain name. How could someone be using it already? Is this something that happens frequently? Is that why uni.cc domains are no longer accepted at main domains for our subdomains? Thanks in advance, --J.

From what I hear about uni.cc domains, you have to wait a day or two for the servers to point correctly, so I believe that's the situation here. Wait a few days, if it isn't corrected, we'll send over the proper nuclear equipment to fix it. :(

From what I hear about uni.cc domains, you have to wait a day or two for the servers to point correctly, so I believe that's the situation here. Wait a few days, if it isn't corrected, we'll send over the proper nuclear equipment to fix it. :(

lol...Alright, I guess I could wait a few days. Not like I have anything better to do with my spare time anyway. Although, I could be pestering my younger brother... That's always amusing. He ends up looking like a cherry...
Anywho, off topic...lol

later,
J.

UNI.CC domain names often experience this problem because they are just a subdomain on top of the uni.cc top-level domain name. Presumedly, cPanel attempts to add the domain name 'uni.cc', and obviously fails. This is just one of the reasons why a UNI.CC domain name cannot be set as the primary domain for a hosting account.

Honestly, you'd think they would try to find a way around this, no? Although it is free, it's suprising. The one free one out there is horrific and horrendous.

(Words jumping off screen.)