xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Css Problem... Wasnt sure where to put this...

For the past few days I have been trying to vertically center a table. Vertically centering things within a table is simple, I already know that. But I want to vertically center the table itself (ie. div, table) and still have it as a liquid design. I do not used fixed positions and don't want to.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to do this without using fixed positions, I would be really appreciative with any help.

Thanks all,

J.

Are you sure that has something to do with the Cascading Style Script ?? It sounds of "HTMLy"

do <center> </center around it. That should suffice. And yes, I don't think it's a problem with the CSS since the only way you can make a table is through HTML. Fight fire with fire, I guess.

if you're talking about Vertical alignment, you're going to want to use valign or vertical-align. One is html and sorta deprecated, the other is good solid css.Examples<td valign="center">OR<td style="vertical-align: center">i recommend using the second one...is this what you're looking for? If not could you post a link to your problem page or something?

The simplest way is to have a table within a table.Make a table with height="100%" and valign="center", like...<table height="100%" valign="center"> <tr><td> <!-- Put your table here --> </td></tr></table>