xisto Community
chinfo

Forum Suggestions

Well I just thought of something...the message board is a little bare at the moment. Shouldn't the mods add a few more to cover other topics, especially in the Life category, say include one for Sports, Media, Humor, even a Debates section where we can discuss important issues.The point here being that with more topics, users will stay longer and not be stymied by lack of things to discuss. Of course post count will be an issue, but in the long run we can help our webhost coz there's a bigger chance of us <- snipped -> right? B)}

Its slowly in the way. Currently, the newest addition I have seen is the gaming section. It's quite a pleasent suprise. The admin staff are probably slowly rolling things out.I see new stuff very often and this is what I like about Xisto. I think after admin has done other stuff, he will come back and add more topics. Lets be patient in the meanwhile.

Forums with few members/posts shouldn't have too many forums/categories - it's likely to scare people away rather than get them interested.Honestly, I think there might be a couple too many categories here at the moment (<300 members/2200 posts isn't really a big member-base). But that's just my opinion.In forums where something is being offered (in this case, free hosting), the above doesn't always apply; but in most of the forums I've been apart of, I've tried to keep them small when they were small, and let them grow when they became big.Take for example the 'Programming Languages' forum. There is only just over twenty topics in there, and it has been split into 8 different sub-forums, only one of which has more than ten topics. In my opinion, having a single forum labelled 'Programming' would be a better idea.But hey, that's just me. You guys do what you like, it seems to be running relatively smoothly at the moment.

I cant really agree with that, because the more forums you have the more subjects there will be to comment in. we dont all like the same things and i for one struggle in the games section but love posting in the more serious topics like health and relationships and topics like that. The more thats covered in the forums the more it gives people a chance to post. :)

I have to agree/disagree with some of these posts. I frequent other forums i'm an RC enthusiast and its hard for me to get involved in these forums here cause i don't see topics that really interest me. So posting in these forums i have to think of something else i may be interested in talking about. But i can see why there isn't a section on Hobbies Since there are so many other forums out on the internet that pertain to just that one subject. but having a hobby section in the forums here would be a nicely added feature there are many different types of hobbies that people have. My main interest is RC Hobbies i have been into them for years and have helicopters and car and trucks and several airplanes. but there are woodworking crafts and other hobbies too and hobbies are great subjects to talk about. So i think there should be a broader expanse of subject matter in the forum i haven't found anything on hobbies yet maybe i haven't looked hard enough. if their is a section dedicated to such please let me know. :) So i think the more forum sections there are covering more subject matter will interest people more in posting in section that they find appealing to there taste. But i will have to cruse the forums and see what is here i may be jumping the gun and just haven't found that section yet.

linkadrip,By all means, if you wish to start a Topic or two about RC Hobbies, please do so.Our other members may also join into a discussion about their RC experiences.Personally, I do not have much exposure to them, but other members might share your joy.

done a few RC's in my time. mainly cars. but did do a plane once. As the line goes out of Top Gun, Chrashed and burned lol

I think a Humour forum would be very good.People would be allowed toplace jokes and links to youtube,George Carlin and stuff.I saw a George Carlin piece on airports that was just hilarious.A forum like this would be a great success and very muchappreciated.